On the record Poll: Hays or McKenna (Update: McKenna DFA'd (Claimed by Giants), Hays activated)

Tony-OH

On the record Poll: Hays or McKenna (Update: McKenna DFA'd (Claimed by Giants), Hays activated)  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Hays or McKenna on the team this year?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/18/24 at 20:09

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Yes, good point, 8 out of 154 people voted that way, though I suspect at least a couple of them were just being contrarian for the hell of it.  

It's actually shocking to me it was that many.

2 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

"Shut up and not complain" is your addition here. I don't really see SG or anyone else saying that in this thread. He just disagreed with one of your points about McKenna. 

Of course that is my interpretation of what he said. When I complained about McKenna being on the roster of a WS contender his reply was:

"Yet every team has guys like that.  So, your roster expectations are unrealistic and not founded on reality."

You don't post things like that to further a discussion. You post those type of comments to shut people up. 

• Tony-OH changed the title to On the record Poll: Hays or McKenna (Update: McKenna DFA'd, Hays activated)
35 minutes ago, MCO'sFan said:

Of course that is my interpretation of what he said. When I complained about McKenna being on the roster of a WS contender his reply was:

You don't post things like that to further a discussion. You post those type of comments to shut people up. 

I’m pointing out how unrealistic you are being. McKenna is a typical 25th/26th man that you see you on all teams.

Finding a better version of him is possible but most better versions will be guys that have larger roles. 

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I’m pointing out how unrealistic you are being. McKenna is a typical 25th/26th man that you see you on all teams.

Finding a better version of him is possible but most better versions will be guys that have larger roles. 

This is my last post on this subject. I simply disagree with you. I think it is completely realistic to expect a defensive replacement to actually play consistently good defense. 

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, MCO'sFan said:

This is my last post on this subject. I simply disagree with you. I think it is completely realistic to expect a defensive replacement to actually play consistently good defense. 

Sure…but it’s not likely they hit as well or something like that, so your net gain is zero.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Another team might acquire him and then try to pick his brain for "Orioles secrets" with development and preparation. It would go like this:

Team: "Welcome Ryan to the organization. We really are hopeful we can get you more playing time here."

Ryan: "Thanks, glad to be here. Glad to be with an organization that doesn't worry about little things like running the bases correctly, taking good routes, or understanding how to position myself for a key throw to the plate."

Team: "Um, well we do kinda want you to do those things. But anyways, so what are some of the things the Orioles do to prepare you for the game and what developmental tools are they using in the minors to get all these players producing so well in AAA?"

Ryan: "What? Not really sure what you are talking about. I've seen guys sitting in front of Ipads with the nerds, but I never worried about any of that stuff. You guys have an headband stores around these parts?"

Team: (Thinking in his head,) "What was my password to the waivers portal again?"

(Note: This was for entertainment purposes only. I have no idea whether McKenna used or bought in to the tools available to him.) 

Ryan: "So when are you going to take this Ferrari out of the garage for a drive? You don't purchase a high end sports car and not use it."

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

Peyton Burdick makes McKenna a little redundant as well as a 5th outfielder type. Burdick is a solid defensive outfielder who has a .903 OPS against AAA left-handers thanks to him popping some homers. Sound familiar? 

Peyton Burdick was DFA and claimed by the Reds several weeks ago.  😎

Anyway, I’m not going to spend a lot of time defending McKenna, I just thought some of the comments here and elsewhere were a little mean and personal.  

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

7 huckleberries and revered poster gangsta gangsta voted for McKenna.

Thanks for calling me stupid. I laid out my rationale for why I preferred McKenna and it relates to Cowser’s playing time. Keep doing you though.

44 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Peyton Burdick was DFA and claimed by the Reds several weeks ago.  😎

Anyway, I’m not going to spend a lot of time defending McKenna, I just thought some of the comments here and elsewhere were a little mean and personal.  

I'll be honest, I didn't remember that. I could swear I saw him in a box score last week. Oh well. Hard to keep track of the amount of players Elias claims and then loses on waivers. 

Well, Mateo can play some centerfield in a pinch so if Hays went down, I guess they'll just have to live with Stowers hitting against those tough lefties and play left field.

41 minutes ago, Sydnor said:

Thanks for calling me stupid. I laid out my rationale for why I preferred McKenna and it relates to Cowser’s playing time. Keep doing you though.

Huh?   It was a joke all to do with one of the posters being named (this is true) gangsta gangsta.   All respect to you, Moose, MurphDog, and whoever voted for McKenna who are all respected posters.   I have never seen a post from Mr. Or Ms. gangsta gangsta.   

10 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Huh?   It was a joke all to do with one of the posters being named (this is true) gangsta gangsta.   All respect to you, Moose, MurphDog, and whoever voted for McKenna who are all respected posters.   I have never seen a post from Mr. Or Ms. gangsta gangsta.   

Sorry. I missed the tone. It has been a rough week for reasons completely unrelated to the Orioles and I took that of context and sent an unnecessary reply. I see that now. No excuses. I’ll do better.

• Thanks 1