On the record Poll: Hays or McKenna (Update: McKenna DFA'd (Claimed by Giants), Hays activated)

Tony-OH

On the record Poll: Hays or McKenna (Update: McKenna DFA'd (Claimed by Giants), Hays activated)  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Hays or McKenna on the team this year?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/18/24 at 20:09

This is a bench position for sure. The Milkman is the starting LF now.

Career wRC+ vs LHP:

Hays - 111

McKenna - 82

McKenna is a better defender by the fielding stats, but I don't trust him. He's a goofball. The starting OF defense is strong anyway so we're not desperate for a defensive replacement.

McKenna really has nothing to offer. I was fine with him being on the roster last year as a fourth OF, but now that they have two other guys that can spell Mullins (Cowser and Mateo), I don't think he's anything beyond organizational depth. And his routes and first steps in the outfield are both terrible, cancelling out his athleticism. He's like the anti-Santander.

• Upvote 1

I would prefer that Cowser play almost everyday and get experience against left handed pitchers. I don’t believe that will happen if Hays on the roster. Therefore, I voted McKenna, who I think brings great vibes in a very limited role that Hays wouldn’t be happy with.

2 hours ago, Sydnor said:

I would prefer that Cowser play almost everyday and get experience against left handed pitchers. I don’t believe that will happen if Hays on the roster. Therefore, I voted McKenna, who I think brings great vibes in a very limited role that Hays wouldn’t be happy with.

This is my answer too. I don't want either of them to get at-bats, if Hays is on the roster he will get more at-bats than McKenna would, ergo I would prefer McKenna on the roster.

• Upvote 2