Wednesday afternoon May 15: Orioles vs Blue Jay

SteveA

1 minute ago, LookitsPuck said:

Unless O'Hearn is hurt, there is zero reason not to have him PH for McCann.

I'm sure the logic (not saying I agree with it) was:

1) Toronto would have countered with the lefty and O'Hearn has terrible career #s vs LH.

2) We would have lost the DH and if we did tie the game we would have pitchers batting in extra innings.

What I don't understand: if Hays was healthy enough to PH in the 7th, he should have been healthy enough to be in the regular lineup against a LHP who stinks against righties.

I think they still like Mullins for defense... but that could change.

1 minute ago, maybenxtyr said:

I've been listening via XM and following on GameDay...out of all of the mistakes made today, not letting Stowers bat has to be the biggest. How does a team that is so analytically driven not understand when a guy hits left on left well?

Because they don’t put as much stock in results as they do the probability of success of certain swing planes vs. certain pitching repertoire.  

And now O'Hearn is in the game...in place for Santander? What is going on.

I assume Santander got to his bump limit after the diving attempt at home...hopefully he didn't aggravate anything on the play.

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I'm sure the logic (not saying I agree with it) was:

1) Toronto would have countered with the lefty and O'Hearn has terrible career #s vs LH.

2) We would have lost the DH and if we did tie the game we would have pitchers batting in extra innings.

But Hyde has done exactly that in the past in similar situations. But having McCann bunt really is inexcusable. 

7 minutes ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

Urias pinch hitting. Yuck. 🤮 

Urias should never see the field except as a defensive replacement when the O's are leading.  He's literally the worst hitter on the team.  I don't have much faith in Stowers but he might hit a HR.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

What I don't understand: if Hays was healthy enough to PH in the 7th, he should have been healthy enough to be in the regular lineup against a LHP who stinks against righties.

But then he wasn't healthy enough to stay on 2nd after he doubled.

Yeah, why even activate him from the IL if he isn't 100%?????