The 2024 Trade Deadline

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I think Kremer can be fine. He has been for 2 years.

In still in favor of a guy like Detmers and don’t sleep on Luzardo as an under the radar trade target today. I still think something could happen there.

Agree on Kremer. He’s fine as a number 5. But the other options (Suarez/Povich/McDermott) can’t even be relied on to get through 5 and are destroying the bullpen with the lack of length. 

10 hours ago, emmett16 said:

Major League Leaderboards - 2024 - Pitching | FanGraphs Baseball

I think HOU has a plan for him. I won't be surprised if he finishes very strong. 

I mean, I’m sure every team has a plan for all of their players. Doesn’t mean it’s likely to happen. Maybe Houston gets lucky and he has a great 2nd half, but all his career numbers point to a mediocre pitcher that they just massively overpaid for. 

9 minutes ago, toughbuff1 said:

Out of the box idea, but would you consider trading Mayo for Guerrero?  Would the Blue Jays?

No. We need pitching much more than we need a Guerrero.

If we are willing to use the Mayo bullet it better be on a meaningful way to contribute to run prevention. This pitching staff has been horrid for 6 weeks now giving up 6 runs a game. Guerrero cannot fix that.

I think it is interesting that Crochet is still expected to be traded today after making the extension demands to pitch in the playoffs.  I figure this means the White Sox are pretty annoyed with him and want to move him.  I have a feeling he isn't going to get the haul everyone expected. 

Just now, RVAOsFan said:

I think it is interesting that Crochet is still expected to be traded today after making the extension demands to pitch in the playoffs.  I figure this means the White Sox are pretty annoyed with him and want to move him.  I have a feeling he isn't going to get the haul everyone expected. 

Getz is annoyed, he basically said as much.

Where are you seeing that they still expect to trade him?  I’m guessing he goes to the Dodgers if he gets moved.

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Getz is annoyed, he basically said as much.

Where are you seeing that they still expect to trade him?  I’m guessing he goes to the Dodgers if he gets moved.

• Upvote 1

If Crochet is actually traded today, the return is going to be so interesting. By far the hardest player to evaluate in terms of trade value in recent memory. And then you have the White Sox front office as complete wild card, who held out on Cease for way too long, traded one of the most in-demand SP in Fedde for way less than the Blue Jays got for Kikuchi, and making public statements expressing frustration with Crochet’s agent. 

3 minutes ago, CaptainRedbeard said:

If Crochet is actually traded today, the return is going to be so interesting. By far the hardest player to evaluate in terms of trade value in recent memory. And then you have the White Sox front office as complete wild card, who held out on Cease for way too long, traded one of the most in-demand SP in Fedde for way less than the Blue Jays got for Kikuchi, and making public statements expressing frustration with Crochet’s agent. 

The Dodgers don’t throw their starters many innings anyway and they have money to risk if they want, so they make the most sense. They just dont have those top 20 prospects the WS and their fans think they should get but won’t.

6 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I’ll take Erceg please 

Tanner Scott seems like a perfect fit for us but it sounds like everyone is in on him and the price tag is going to be high.  I think Elias gets another starter and bullpen arm today, it will be interesting to see who it is.  Things have been quiet around Mason Miller since his injury, I could see Elias surprising everyone with a deal like that. 

I think Getz is misplaying this if they trade Crochet. Guy is coming off TJ, wants to build up. A team will be more than willing to trade for him in the offseason and get a clean slate with the innings and managing them. 

Edited by Grt 2BA FL Gator

Just now, RVAOsFan said:

Tanner Scott seems like a perfect fit for us but it sounds like everyone is in on him and the price tag is going to be high.  I think Elias gets another starter and bullpen arm today, it will be interesting to see who it is.  Things have been quiet around Mason Miller since his injury, I could see Elias surprising everyone with a deal like that. 

Do a deal for Nardi and Luzardo.

Trade for Erceg.

Luzardo is back in mid to late August. Your playoff pitching roster is:

Burnes, GRod, Luzardo (assuming health) and Eflin

Kimbrel, Nardi, Erceg, Seranthony, DC, Cano, Kremer and maybe Perez.

I’ll take that. I think that can be a shutdown pen and a high upside staff, especially if we can get Luzardo back on track.  I think we can do that and not give up any of the top 4 guys.