Lack of RH bats in the OF

Radagast

Posted (edited)

Thank you for allowing me to join.  We obviously have more pressing issues to deal with.  And you all have probably been over this a hundred times.  I was thinking about the prospect of losing the Santander and Hays right-handed at-bats in the OF soon (Hays will of course continue to fight into next year) and then I looked at our OF depth and saw almost all lefties in the wings.   Maybe Mayo, Norby and Rhodes will become factors, but when you get right down to it, I don't see a RH hitting, starting OF'er on the horizon.   Am I missing something?  Not a big deal right now, but seems like an outlier thing.  

Edited by Radagast
error on Johnson being a righty

4 minutes ago, Radagast said:

Do you know if he is doing that because of the Camden Yards dimensions?  It makes sense if he is, being in the AL East and the parks to be visited.  

I don't know.

I assume it's a factor.

Posted (edited)

I would argue the easiest position to find in FA/AAAA is part time RH outfielders (see how cheap were Adam Duvall and Tommy Pham this season).  If Hays 25 does not lead into Fabian 26+, we will see Elias address one way or another. 

Edited by Say O!

I'm not comfortable using Mateo in the outfield mainly because he doesn't hit well enough to justify a spot in the lineup. I'd like to see Norby in Camden Yards, but I suspect Elias plans to give Hays a long rope. I can't see Hays being sent to AAA even though he has options. Either way, Kjerstad, Norby, and Mayo (when healthy) need to get a shot. 

1 hour ago, Gentile4 said:

I'm not comfortable using Mateo in the outfield mainly because he doesn't hit well enough to justify a spot in the lineup. I'd like to see Norby in Camden Yards, but I suspect Elias plans to give Hays a long rope. I can't see Hays being sent to AAA even though he has options. Either way, Kjerstad, Norby, and Mayo (when healthy) need to get a shot. 

So would Kjerstad, Norby or Mayo man center?