Connor Norby 2024

He's done nothing but hit since joining the organization but he hasn't gotten much hype because the O's system is so loaded.  I think it's great that he's getting an opportunity and that he's taking advantage of it.  Stowers is in much the same place and I wish he could get steady playing time as well.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bahama O's Fan said:

Bye, bye Urias?

I don't know because Urias is the backup 3B right now and I doubt Norby would play there. If the team was willing to play Gunnar at 3B when Westburg isn't then maybe.  Norby's defense will be something to watch as that's the biggest question mark surrounding his game.

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I don't know because Urias is the backup 3B right now and I doubt Norby would play there. If the team was willing to play Gunnar at 3B when Westburg isn't then maybe.  Norby's defense will be something to watch as that's the biggest question mark surrounding his game.

They'll probably just option Stowers

Norby MUST play. Even in his hitless debut, after the two strikeouts(which could be blamed on nerves and pressing) he hit the ball sharply and didnt seem overmatched by anyone. I am often accused (perhaps rightly) of over stating everything Orioles, but this kid is a keeper...and wait till Kjerstad , Mayo and Holliday come up...someone's gotta go...and I dont think its'gonna be Norby...And I also think Povich is coming to pitch too..

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

Loved hearing him talk after the game.  He seemed near tears at times.  He seems like a nice guy and will be easy rooting for.  Great bomb he had

ironically he reminds me a lot of Joey Ortiz, they both play infield (2b), both wear that gamer war paint...and both can hit. Thats for sure.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Norby MUST play. Even in his hitless debut, after the two strikeouts(which could be blamed on nerves and pressing) he hit the ball sharply and didnt seem overmatched by anyone. I am often accused (perhaps rightly) of over stating everything Orioles, but this kid is a keeper...and wait till Kjerstad , Mayo and Holliday come up...someone's gotta go...and I dont think its'gonna be Norby...And I also think Povich is coming to pitch too..

He can play while Mateo is out but Mateo is going to get his job back when he comes off the IL.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Roy Firestone said:

ironically he reminds me a lot of Joey Ortiz, they both play infield (2b), both wear that gamer war paint...and both can hit. Thats for sure.

Ortiz is playing so well with the Brewers, it looks like an acceptable trade even if DL Hall doesn’t come back 100%(plus they got a pick)

1 hour ago, accinfo said:

He can play while Mateo is out but Mateo is going to get his job back when he comes off the IL.

I think Norby, long term has more upside than Mateo...sure Mateo is lightning fast, but Norby runs very well and steals bases and has more offense to offer...thats why I think Norby will be a keeper...Mateo may be traded.

3 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

I think Norby, long term has more upside than Mateo...sure Mateo is lightning fast, but Norby runs very well and steals bases and has more offense to offer...thats why I think Norby will be a keeper...Mateo may be traded.

To me, Mateo is the perfect bench guy. Great speed to pinch run in later innings. Defensive replacement late in games. Won't hurt you if he has to start for several weeks if you get a long term injury to a starter. Urias is the one that I see with diminishing skills down the road and might be the first to go. I would hope we could get something for him at the deadline. 

6 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I do think this is a likely move Norby can play the outfield.

Remember Mateo can play outfield too, they need to keep playing this guy. Feel bad for Stowers though.

Mateo will not be traded. Even if he is supplanted as a starter he brings too much defense and versatility in the field. Plus, the biggest component of his game, the speed element.

• Upvote 1