This team isn’t winning anything unless it trades Holliday, Bassallo or Mayo

DirtyBird

9 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

Just so we are clear are you talking about the Dylan Bundy that made 29MM by age 30 & Tiger Woods who is worth 1.3BB?  Like, He should have won more tournaments and would have been more successful if  he played hockey or something?  

The multi sport things is good for some and not for others.  Like everything in life there is nuance and there is not one recipe for success.  Some players benefit from focus on one while others benefit from focus on multiple sports.  

I think a lot of his post goes to overuse Tiger was basically shot early Thirties only one Major after 33.

3 minutes ago, Safelykept said:

No the offensive lineman From Michigan State

Ok, but Marinovich was the QB who the father trained exclusively and was like this creation.   Starred at USC and drafted by the Raiders and was never any good.  Seems to me a better analogy to @OnlyOneOriole comments on Bundy and Holliday.  I thought you got the names mixed up.  

5 minutes ago, Safelykept said:

I think a lot of his post goes to overuse Tiger was basically shot early Thirties only one Major after 33.

Arnold Palmer only won one after 33.   

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Ok, but Marinovich was the QB who the father trained exclusively and was like this creation.   Starred at USC and drafted by the Raiders and was never any good.  Seems to me a better analogy to @OnlyOneOriole comments on Bundy and Holliday.  I thought you got the names mixed up.  

No i was referencing the hype that they were getting  The Qb from USC got plenty so did Tony Man. was SI cover being touted as one of the best Football prospects ever, as memory serves neither one anounted to much, Hope the same fate does not await JH

4 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Arnold Palmer only won one after 33.   

Yes and part of the reason was Jack was pushing things around pretty good. Palmer had 8 at 33, Tiger had 14, Agree both of their falloffs was pretty dramatic

3 hours ago, Explosivo said:

What a moronic post. Truly. This place never ceases to amaze. Grow the bats, buy the arms. You know what? Forget even explaining the methodology to you. You’re frankly not worth the time it would take to do so. Find another team to be a fan of so we don’t have to suffer your exceptional lack of acumen.

Yeah, but the O's aren't buying the arms other than the trade for Burnes.  Would have made more sense to grow the bats, trade some for arms, since the O's have so many bats, many of them can't even make the mlb roster.

4 hours ago, Safelykept said:

Hate to say it , but I agree with a lot of this. I know he was only up a couple of weeks but his performance made very anxious. My worst case thoughts were did we just hit on baseball's version of  tony mandarich?

LOL omg.   Tony M.   As a Colts fan I remember him well.  Drafted by GB as the greatest OL ever.

Crashed out.   Picked up by the Colts and actually wasn't too bad in the few games he played.  But he was so spent and burnt out that there was little chance he could amount to anything at that point.  And he didn't.

3 hours ago, emmett16 said:

Just so we are clear are you talking about the Dylan Bundy that made 29MM by age 30 & Tiger Woods who is worth 1.3BB?  Like, He should have won more tournaments and would have been more successful if  he played hockey or something?  

The multi sport things is good for some and not for others.  Like everything in life there is nuance and there is not one recipe for success.  Some players benefit from focus on one while others benefit from focus on multiple sports.  

Tiger Woods is a fluke.  One of the only proteges I can think of that was groomed to be great and lived up to it.   But even he burned out.

He is done.   Not just done.   D O N E. 

Which is fine.  He has nothing to prove. 

But as the Seinfeld saying goes.......Serenity now  Insanity later.

6 hours ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Yup.  Great comp.  That is exactly who JH reminds me of.

Do you have any idea how hard Jackson Holliday was pushed or driven by his father?  Also, there have been numerous sons of famous baseball players who both failed and excelled.   I agree on your thoughts about him not being a great athlete and possibly not being a star.  I disagree with your total speculation that he was pushed relentlessly by his father and is or will be suffering burnout.

Hey it's tough to win a World Series, or even to put together a roster that would be considered a WS favorite

Injuries are unfortunate and have left the O's with a significant pitching deficit to WS favorites

The problem is that there may not be enough talent available to fix the problem, especially because many teams will be bidding for the same talent

Will be very interesting to see what move Elias makes, and the time to get either ecstatic or critical will be after the moves.