Would the Orioles consider Trevor Bauer ?

4 minutes ago, TopGunnar said:

If one guy can come in and ruin a culture, then our culture wasn’t good to begin with. 

Nothing like bringing on a clubhouse cancer as your first major acquisition to really set the tone for Rubenstein. Elias had to wear the Roberto Osuna drama. Would really speak volumes if he brought on another. 

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Do you consider, Gunnar, Witt Jr,  Yordany Alvarez, cocky?   Sure, some guys are more emotional and flamboyant than others no problem.  Most players don’t need the theatrics to be great.   There’s a difference between self-confidence and cocky.   You only need the first one to be great.  The second is for “look at me. I think I’m great.”

I can't comment on anyone but Gunnar as I just don't know enough about the others to say, but HELL yes I consider GH cocky.

And I love it. 

His hands slap and arm raise after a home run at home plate is a PRIME EXAMPLE of "I AM THE BEST". 

Cmon man. 

Just now, OnlyOneOriole said:

I can't comment on anyone but Gunnar as I just don't know enough about the others to say, but HELL yes I consider GH cocky.

And I love it. 

His hands slap and arm raise after a home run at home plate is a PRIME EXAMPLE of "I AM THE BEST". 

Cmon man. 

Is that the same as going to the media, doing an interview, and having in print about your teammate:

"I could’ve fixed Cody Allen’s curveball in two days last year, but I couldn’t tell him anything because he’s a veteran and he doesn’t want to listen..."

Seems to me one is fun (bat flips) and other is unbridled narcissism that showcases major issues under the covers and in the locker room.

3 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

64.  But I think I’m pretty progressive and open minded compared to my “older guy” peers.    

I mean, progressive in the sense of how that word is used today politically is not good imo so I am not sure how you mean that (I am very conservative for example) but being open minded is great.  Sincerely. 

And yes being 64 I can see why you have some of the views that you do.  My dad is probably very similar. 

59 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Very simple.  He didn't assault them.  So that is wrong.    As in he never physically hurt them or forced them to do something against their will at the time through actual violence or threats.  If he had?  Trust me he would be in jail for the rest of his life.  Watson wasn't charged with physical violence. “It is undisputed that Mr. Watson's conduct does not fall into the category of violent conduct that would require the minimum six-game suspension,”.

What he did is termed sexual coercion.  In other words paying them....or in some cases probably threatening to not pay them for a massage...unless he gave them those happy endings.     Which is a lot different than what Bauer was accused of. 

Ok.  Fine.  Deshaun Watson accused of “sexual wrongdoing” by over 20 women, pays them off to go away, and winds up with a 230M contract back in the NFL.  Correct me if I’m wrong.  Didn’t you say Bauer was in his current predicament because of the woke culture, the cancel culture, and the Me Too movement?    But they’re okay with DeShaun Watson?   How did he get back in the NFL?   Why wasn’t he cancelled?

• Upvote 1

Just now, RZNJ said:

Ok.  Fine.  Deshaun Watson accused of “sexual wrongdoing” by over 20 women, pays them off to go away, and winds up with a 230M contract back in the NFL.  Correct me if I’m wrong.  Didn’t you say Bauer was in his current predicament because of the woke culture, the cancel culture, and the Me Too movement?    But they’re okay with DeShaun Watson?   How did he get back in the NFL?   Why wasn’t he cancelled?

What the before or after Taylor Swift took over the NFL?

4 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

And I love it. 

Cmon man. 

Ok.  We just aren’t going to see eye to eye on this.   

I'm ok with whatever the Orioles want to do. They know whether he would be a problem in their clubhouse or not. He clearly would be able to help them with all of their pitching woes, but I will defer to Elias and Hyde on this one.

If they don't sign him, they've decided the juice is not worth the squeeze. I don't think it has anything to do with the charges or the lawsuits, but more about whether his personality and antics fit on this team. I would think if they did he would have gotten a call already.

• Upvote 1

The more I read, the funnier and funnier this thread gets. But that's just Lil Old Me. I've learned a lot in the process also. Such as, this site is made up of old guys. OH for Old Hombres. I feel so much more comfortabe now. 😃  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

Is that the same as going to the media, doing an interview, and having in print about your teammate:

"I could’ve fixed Cody Allen’s curveball in two days last year, but I couldn’t tell him anything because he’s a veteran and he doesn’t want to listen..."

Seems to me one is fun (bat flips) and other is unbridled narcissism that showcases major issues under the covers and in the locker room.

Again....I have no idea why.....if a guy has talent like TB and he is not  charged as a serial killer, an animal abuser, or in any way a psycho, he should be unable to perform or work at the vocation that he excels at.

I mean....I just don't get it.     Most people would have just quit by now.  He is doing the exact opposite.  Watch that video.  He is 1000000% trying to win a game in the Mexican league for crying out loud.  I mean.....how many guys who have made $millions would do that?

Yes he is cocky.  No he will never be as good as he used to be.  But he is a lot better than probably half of our pitching staff.   And he OBVIOUSLY cares about being good.  About doing more.  About winning. 

He has more than enough money to retire and never work again.   Instead he has an intense desire and drive to get back into the game.  How can you not respect that? 

As I said most people would just quit. 

• Upvote 1

I was for Bauer to start the season. Then I’ve watched a few of his videos this year and he comes across as a pompous ass. Now pitcher is the best position to be that on a team, as it’s somewhat alienated to start with. Hard pass now.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

You literally said it......"Allegations".

ALLEGATIONS.   What does that word mean to you?

Plus a lot of those things you mention above were when he was pretty young and immature.  Watch the video I just posted.  In no way does he seem any different than any other player.   In fact he seems pretty nice to his teammates who are mainly all Mexican players.

I’d be nice, too.  Have a friend who played in that league.  On his way to the plate the batter behind him said dead seriously “you better hit or el jefe will have you killed”. 

5 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

I mean, progressive in the sense of how that word is used today politically is not good imo so I am not sure how you mean that (I am very conservative for example) but being open minded is great.  Sincerely. 

And yes being 64 I can see why you have some of the views that you do.  My dad is probably very similar. 

I meant progressive as in “open to new ideas” and not stuck in the past.   We don’t talk much about politics here.  Probably not a good idea although it’s clear that you and SportsGuy almost had a bonding experience over it before he called you a total waste.   That wasn’t nice but I guess it proves that baseball transcends politics around here.   Thank God!    I mean, thank someone or whoever you believe in or don’t believe in.   

8 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I can give you one reason.

Elite QB play in the NFL overrides almost anything.  You could probably kill a person and if you can play QB at a high level?  You are hired.

And again.....he was never accused of anything violent.   TB was.   DW did the same as Robert Kraft.....who was also ran though the ringer for what I consider next to nothing. 

Do you know how many Asian massage parlors are within 10 miles of where I live for example?  Lots and lots.  And the cops do nothing. 

8 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I'm ok with whatever the Orioles want to do. They know whether he would be a problem in their clubhouse or not. He clearly would be able to help them with all of their pitching woes, but I will defer to Elias and Hyde on this one.

If they don't sign him, they've decided the juice is not worth the squeeze. I don't think it has anything to do with the charges or the lawsuits, but more about whether his personality and antics fit on this team. I would think if they did he would have gotten a call already.

Probably the best post of the entire thread.