6/30 vs Texas Rangers

Morgan423

Just now, Billy F-Face3 said:

Wow, Pat Sajek is here. Enjoying his retirement. Is he an Orioles fan? He's sitting next to Cal.

Yes, he has always been an Oriole fan.   Was he one of the minority owners in the Angelos group?   I'm not sure.

4 minutes ago, Philip said:

Of course I wouldn’t turn it down, but that doesn’t mean it’s not stupid.
Why not give them $10,000 to have an interview before or after the game instead of during the game while you’re supposed to be concentrating on the game, even if you’re in the dugout you’re supposed to be studying the pitches and the placement and all that happy Zen baseball stuff.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

I'd be ok if they were miked and it's just them chatting with each other. But to have to think about questions is messed up. 

Among the long list of reasons these interviews depress me, is how unimaginative they are. Wow, we have the tech to mic up players in game. So let’s use it to ask the same stupid questions and get the same stupid answers. :bangwall:

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Chavez Ravine said:

Among the long list of reasons these interviews depress me, is how unimaginative they are. Wow, we have the tech to mic up players in game. So let’s use it to ask the same stupid questions and get the same stupid answers. :bangwall:

You mean you didn't want to know who he plays video games with and who he would want to be stranded on a desert island with?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

Yes, he has always been an Oriole fan.   Was he one of the minority owners in the Angelos group?   I'm not sure.

I don't recall seeing his name among the group. Mostly a bunch of Wall Street guys who are Rubenstein's partners, Grant, Cal, and Bloomberg.