Roll Tide

Would you do this deal?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Trade Proposal Menrioned in opening post

• Yes
    • No
    • If they’d swop Brebbia for Kopech
    • Add Brebbia for a couple young DSL guys with upside

I think Webb's narrowly in a group of pitchers I feel at least okay (if not good) about keeping for playoffs.

Today's roster - Baker, Akin, Smith, Irvin are a Mt. Rushmore of replaceability.     Irvin of course we may need in early 2025 to start about 15-20% of the games before the deadline, or maybe a bit less if another Albert Suarez falls out of the universe.

I think @Sports Guy saying 4 new pitchers is just about right.

Yea I was waiting for someone to figure out the math for me, who would have to be cut. Nobody is missing Baker, Smith, or probably even Irvin. I'd like to keep Akin, he'd be the last guy on my list where I'd prefer not to have to lose him. I know he's been a point of frustration, but I hold hope he can develop into essentially what Danny Coulombe is for us.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Is he throwing from a mound yet?
    • I wouldn't be surprised if the O's offer him arbitration, especially if they think they can get him back to early season form.  $3 mill or less is a cheap #5 starter.  Having 5 MLB ready starters is not going to cut it.  I would like at least 7 starters before the O's have to go with Povich or McDermott, even if they show some positive signs before the end of the year.  A lot of teams are stocked full of guys in AAA who if not top pitching prospects can at least fill in for a game or 2.  The scary thing is that Povich and McDermott were the O's good starters at AAA, imagine what the bad starters would have done.
    • I wasn't sure of this.  Thanks.  I see the Giants just released Mckenna.  RH CF vs LH SP is a very niche role.  Also, would we want any of the realistic options starting a playoff game?  Is it enough of a role where Aaron Hicks comes off the couch?  Or would we want him back?  The Mckenna ship may have sailed as well.  We'll see.  
    • The Mets’ interest in Rogers was already known, and the Orioles of course acquired the lefty in exchange for what many considered a surprisingly strong package of second baseman Connor Norby and outfielder Kyle Stowers. Jackson and Mish report that the Reds offered “one of their top pitching prospects” to the Marlins, but Baltimore ultimately topped that offer by agreeing to part with a pair of MLB-ready position players. The Mets also made a formal offer, per the report.
    • Very anecdotal opini9n here:  There's quite a bit of bad location from pitchers too.  Especially when Aldey/McCann have a knee down and leg extended.  Receiving and framing a pitch thrown that far out of the shoulders is tough.  And setting up with a leg extended might help frame low pitches but limits mobility to catch a pitch within your shoulders.  But should he set up that way calling for a mid/high pitch?
    • Impressive starts by pitchers 8/5. Adrian Heredia. (19)   6 IP.  1 H.   0 Runs.  0 BB.   11 K.   ERA (1.98) 7/6. Keeler Morfe (18).  4 IP.  0 H.  1 BB, 9 K.  ERA (0.82) 7/17 Luis Espinoza (17). 4 IP.  2 H.  0 BB, 6 K. ERA (2.83) 8/3 Esteban Mejia (17) 4 IP.  0 H, 2 BB, 7 K  ERA (3.32) 7/23 Esteban Luna (17) 4 IP.  2 H, 2 BB, 6 K.  ERA (1.72) 7/26 Kevin Velasco (18) 4 IP 4 H.  1 BB.  7 K. ERA (1.41)
    • We have heard a lot about the rehab and all they can and have said about DC is that he’s on target for his return. Not sure what else you want to hear.
  • Popular Contributors