Thursday 7/11 - Cubs vs. Orioles

86this

2 minutes ago, O's84 said:

This is the second time you've responded to me like this and misread the tone of my post.

This really wasn't directed at you.  Another post was talking about how we shouldn't worry about the offense as we were the 2nd highest scoring team, so I was kinda poking fun at that.  Really wasn't directed at you, sorry if it seemed that way.

Just now, forphase1 said:

This really wasn't directed at you.  Another post was talking about how we shouldn't worry about the offense as we were the 2nd highest scoring team, so I was kinda poking fun at that.  Really wasn't directed at you, sorry if it seemed that way.

My bad, I thought you were labeling my as a complainer.  I apologize.

1 minute ago, forphase1 said:

Highest runs per game.

4 minutes ago, Malike said:

I mean, it's sort of true. No team is as good or as bad as they look during the highs and lows of a season.

It's true that we are 2nd in scoring.  It's also true that for the past few weeks our scoring has been lower, 3.5 runs a game or so.  Is that a small valley that we will rebound from?  Or is it reverting back to what the 'norms' will be with Cowser, Mateo, Mountcastle etc cooling off.  While I don't have any numbers to back it up, I'm sure that the team that leads the league in scoring for the first 1/2 of the year doesn't always score at the same rate in the 2nd half.  Point is the offense is struggling lately, and maybe it will rebound, but maybe we should make some moves to shore it up a bit.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, CynBeth said:

It better not happen this weekend the Yankees will run their mouths about us again. Actually that might not be a bad thing they have sucked since the last time we played them.

Rays up on NYYs, 2-0, bottom of the first.

• Like 1