Eloy Jimenez aquired

eddie83

16 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

You and Puck are welcome to believe in anything you like. I mean, if the hard hitting journalists at SI wrote a piece on the O's hitting, it must all be true. I mean afterall, they used the word Stunning resurgence, on a team that has gone 33-38 over it's last 71 games, mostly because the hitting (I posted the stats of many players over the time period in another thread) has gone ice cold. Quite stunning indeed.

It's a piece about how Hicks performed in 2023 with the Orioles.  Not sure why citing anything in 2024 is relevant.  Hicks talks about specifically what O's hitting coaches told him to help him improve.

Not sure this is worth debating any further (I am making no claims whatsoever about "magic pixie dust" being given to anyone, that was your term), I was simply helping to show that yes there are examples of players improving their hitting upon arriving here.  Yeah sometimes players slump and do worse also.   

Not everything that changes with a hitter (for better or for worse) is due to coaching, obviously.  But in response to a very specific question (Are there examples of O's hitting coaches helping batters after coming here and struggling with the previous team) the answer is yes.

Why is Adley slumping?  Why is O'Hearn slumping?   I don't know but I doubt it's because coaches told them to change something that was working in the first half.