Your 2009 Jim Palmer Quotables Thread

Moose Milligan

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate to be in Baltimore, along with the masses, the fans around here are a bunch of horses asses.

Oh wait, that was The Genius from the WWF back in the early 90's. My fault.

Palmer's quotes make bad games watchable for me. He gets disgusted and doesn't hold his tounge, which I find highly entertaining.

Yeah, Joe Angel is pretty phenomenal.

I keep waiting fo Manfra to decide he's been called "Big Boy" for the last time and shove Angel's mic where you don't want to hear what comes out. Other than that, he's great! :)

Btw, somebody on here pointed Buck's constant "it sure is" comments and I have since been driven to the point of avoiding all pre- and post-game coverage with Mr. Martinez. Palmer is king.

Uh, I dunno bout that. Jon Miller sure ain't no Brad Pitt.

John Madden. BOOM done. I wouldn't be opposed to the O's cutting ties with Martinez or Thorne to put Angel on TV. I would certainly cut Buck far more quickly than Thorne.

Buck isn't going anywhere, simply because Palmer doesn't travel much. He's got a pretty sweetheart deal, when you think about it.

You can still cut Buck for Angel. Then on most of the road trips it would be Angel / Thorne or even Angel / Hunter. Do the epic Angel / Palmer combo as much as Jim wants to do it.....which should be as often as possible.

Maybe Angel just likes doing radio. It's a more secure gig, you don't have to put up with all of the various TV production BS, you get to do every game, but still take innings off, don't have people second-guessing your every word on message boards, etc. If I were in broadcasting and money weren't any issue, I'd think doing radio would be much more fun than TV.

Archived