Your 2009 Jim Palmer Quotables Thread

Moose Milligan

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe Thorne was the culprit this time. Did anyone else notice in the second inning after Amber made some joke about Wieters having a hang nail, Thorne tells her to make sure he gets an ivory board (clearly intending to say emery board). That had me scratching my head for a minute.

I believe Thorne was the culprit this time. Did anyone else notice in the second inning after Amber made some joke about Wieters having a hang nail, Thorne tells her to make sure he gets an ivory board (clearly intending to say emery board). That had me scratching my head for a minute.

Thornes been noticeably off recently. Hell tonight alone:

Said Papelbon was Japanese.

Called MASN, ESPN.

And if he calls anymore 84 mph sliders, fastballs I'm going to scream.

I loved it when Palmer said, “you’re only one swing away from a grand slam when the bases are loaded in this ballpark.”

Isn’t a grand slam always possible when the bases are loaded, in any park?

truefax: It takes 3 swings to hit a grand slam in PETCO Park

Brian Roberts just back tracked out to right field and dropped a ball. Jim Palmer just said that "Brian Roberts isn't used to playing right field." Thanks, Jim.

Not sure what JP exactly said, but I was watching the game on the 15th when MLB was honoring Jackie Robinson with the wearing of number 42. I think Roberts made an error, and then Palmer was saying that it was "a terrible play by number 42." Then he proceded to talk a couple more minutes about how he could have been talking about anyone out there. Got on my nerves with the comment.

Tonight in the first few innings, he was talking about the strike zone and proceeded to say something along the lines of "If they are going to call the high strikes all night, I'm going down there to pitch." :laughlol:

He might have made it deeper in the game than Eaton.

:wedge:

I caught the "timely timing" remark....he followed that up with the "it's tough to hit in Fenway sometime because of all the white people in center field making it hard to see" he then backtracked to say white shirts. I thought I might have heard him wrong, but Tivo proved that for at least this one instance, that I'm not insane.

• 2 weeks later...

What was that noise about Palmer having a coach talk to him about Jim Rice when he came up:

"He used to say there's this big black kid that keeps hitting fly balls over the right centerfield fence...well, now, ya know you're not black, you're African American, but thats what Adam Jones is gonna do. To me, number 1, his swing is shorter, he's much more confident..."

• 2 weeks later...

Archived