8/28 at LA Dodgers

WillyM

2 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

The Didger have an amazing sounding stadium announcer calling the batters up. I wish we had that at Oriole Park. Or at least a better voice than what we have.

When I have heard voices on the intercom at OPACY, introducing players, I always think that it’s some kind of raffle awarded from game to game to some fortunate straight a student from a local middle school.

Edited by HowAboutThat

Poor White Sox can't catch a break.

Down 4-3 in the bottom of the 9th, 2 on one out, Vaughn hits a shot over the left field fence.    Should be a walkoff 3-run HR.   But Texas LF Travis Jankowski makes a leaping catch, reaching back over the fence at least 3 feet and snaring it.

Probably the best HR robbing catch in the majors this year.

White Sox still threatening, they loaded the bases and Texas is changing pitchers.   But they had this game won.

Just now, Three Run Homer said:

I saw the Mullins AB on TV but with the sound down.  How did he beat that dropped third strike out?  The ball didn't even skip away from home plate.  Was the Dodger catcher too lackadasical or what?  

Pitch bounced in the dirt and wasn't caught cleanly. There might have been some confusion on the Dodgers part thinking Mullins just fouled it off when he missed the pitch.

5 minutes ago, HowAboutThat said:

I just popped in to say that I don’t give a tinker’s dam about a stupid bobble head, and these people are acting like they are sharing the crown jewels.

oy…

I can’t believe they stood in line for 8 hours. I think it was in Toronto where people waited 6 hours for whatever the giveaway was. 

Just now, Three Run Homer said:

I saw the Mullins AB on TV but with the sound down.  How did he beat that dropped third strike out?  The ball didn't even skip away from home plate.  Was the Dodger catcher too lackadasical or what?  

Yes. The ball bounced, he caught it, then looked surprised that Mullins was running as the Catcher lolly gagged a rainbow throw to first base.