8/28 at LA Dodgers

WillyM

Since 6/30:

Burnes: 5.30 ERA (and another crappy start tonight). 2.28 ERA prior.

Adley: 61 wRC+. 136 wRC+ prior.

Gunnar: 118 wRC+. 180 wRC+ prior. 

It’s not a surprise the team is struggling the last 2 months when their 3 best players have all fallen off a cliff. 

1 minute ago, TopGunnar said:

Ok here’s what happens. I have a crystal ball. Burnes has a good inning here against the bottom of the order and everybody will just love it. 

I don't see how anyone could love this.  I wouldn't be happy with this from Povich, much less from a former Cy Young winner that the O's traded 2 of their top 10 prospects for.

1 minute ago, LGOrioles said:

Since 6/30:

Burnes: 5.30 ERA (and another crappy start tonight). 2.28 ERA prior.

Adley: 61 wRC+. 136 wRC+ prior.

Gunnar: 118 wRC+. 180 wRC+ prior. 

It’s not a surprise the team is struggling the last 2 months when their 3 best players have all fallen off a cliff. 

We need a fourth hitting strategy/hitting coach.

When you look back at his career, Burnes has only had one good playoff start under his belt. 

Watching him fold when the team needs him most, watching how he gives up leads when his offense battle back, is starting to tell me that the guy is missing that next gear.

Not everyone can handle the pressure of being the guy. Burnes is starting to show he's not that guy. Someone is going to give him a lot of money and be sad about it because he's going to fold up like a chair when the pressure is on.

14 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Wow, Burnes went from our ace to literally our worst starter, which is hard to do when the O's are just calling up guys from AAA to start.

He was never an ace. He just looked good in comparison to what was being trotted out there. An ace K's people and throws some shutouts. He does neither.

Ben, stop blowing smoke up our rears too. We can talk about him spinning the ball all we want. He's allowed 5 runs over 4 IP. There is no way to candy coat the amount of choke he's been to the team since they needed him most.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Tony-OH said:

When you look back at his career, Burnes has only had one good playoff start under his belt. 

Watching him fold when the team needs him most, watching how he gives up leads when his offense battle back, is starting to tell me that the guy is missing that next gear.

Not everyone can handle the pressure of being the guy. Burnes is starting to show he's not that guy. Someone is going to give him a lot of money and be sad about it because he's going to fold up like a chair when the pressure is on.

He's like an AROD. Really stepped it up this past inning when the pressure was off.

6 minutes ago, TopGunnar said:

Ok here’s what happens. I have a crystal ball. Burnes has a good inning here against the bottom of the order and everybody will just love it. 

He did have a good inning and I did love it. 

15 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

Burnes is 100% tipping his pitches when a runner is on 2nd. Glove has been wide open to the runners while in the set the whole inning

Great inning! No runners reached 2nd base. He's tipping his pitches to any runners that make it there 

Just now, HowAboutThat said:

It’s more like, “what have you done for me lately”
don't misunderstand. He’s been dreadful, but he’s still great. Just not recently.

He's a choker. And proving it with every start. Can't handle the pressure.