This just in : Brandon Snyder warming...

Hank Scorpio

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2-3 tonight with a HR and his 6th RBI.

:clap3:

So far, so good for our best 1st base prospect at AA.

I cant wait to see this guy in Bowie when they get to town. I want to see Snyder get into BA top 100 prospects next year.

I cant wait to see this guy in Bowie when they get to town. I want to see Snyder get into BA top 100 prospects next year.

He's got a shot, IMO.

Batting .450 thus far. Small sample size, but a good start. I'd like to see a few more walks out of him, but he's coming around.

I love to see that Brandon is doing well! He has an awesome attitude, and is an extremely hard worker. It is great when guys like that succeed. I know I am looking ahead, but any chance Brandon could get promoted to Norfolk at midseason if puts up solid numbers? There is a good chance that 1B and 3B could be open for us next season in Baltimore, let Snyder's bat give him a chance. Is Snyder going to see anytime at 3B in Bowie?

I love to see that Brandon is doing well! He has an awesome attitude, and is an extremely hard worker. It is great when guys like that succeed. I know I am looking ahead, but any chance Brandon could get promoted to Norfolk at midseason if puts up solid numbers? There is a good chance that 1B and 3B could be open for us next season in Baltimore, let Snyder's bat give him a chance. Is Snyder going to see anytime at 3B in Bowie?
I think given that we don't have anybody for 1B or 3B next year signed (besides Wigginton) I think there is a very good chance he spends August and whatever part of September they actually still play in Norfolk. 100+ ABs in Norfolk would give him a nice leg up to have a decent chance of making the club out Spring Training.

Obviously he'll have to continue hitting well for any of that to happen, but I think he's got a shot. At the very least, I expect him to be squarely back on the prospect map after this season. Hopefully Rowell can follow suit.

I'm pretty sure the O's are going to do everything they can to re-sign Huff, he is way too valuable as a clean-up hitter. I also think it's not going to be a tough sale for the O's to keep Huff around. He has made remarks about how the Rays have become competitive since he left Tamp and he said those comments with remorse, as if he wishes he were a part of it. I know he see's all they youngsters coming up and wants to be a part of a team that turns it around. He's at the point in his career, and the type of person, that being a part of something special, and helping to turn things around is important to him. As long as the O's offer a competitive contract he'll be an easy resign. I'm sure Brandon will start next year at AAA, which follows AM's development model.

I just do not understand why we are putting all our eggs in one basket with Brandon Snyder. I mean we could have signed Tex and been locked up at 1B for the next 8 years. We've passed on every single slugging first baseman we've had the opportunity to pick up over the past few years.

It's just not a coincidence that this team hasn't been to the playoffs since Palmeiro's first time here...

I just do not understand why we are putting all our eggs in one basket with Brandon Snyder. I mean we could have signed Tex and been locked up at 1B for the next 8 years. We've passed on every single slugging first baseman we've had the opportunity to pick up over the past few years.

It's just not a coincidence that this team hasn't been to the playoffs since Palmeiro's first time here...

I'm out of rep, but you friggin' nailed it.

Right down to the three dots @ the end of the post.

Home run, lock it down.

Archived