10/2 Orioles vs Royals Wild Card Game #2

foxfield

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Still awful 

Abysmal weather and an abysmal performance in game 1, coupled with the pricing issues that have been documented.....not shocking.  I'm sure it will fill in pretty well though.

1 minute ago, Fiver6565 said:

I don't either but I'm hoping that opinion makes me look foolish in an hour or so.  I think its because he's a switch hitter, and being in the middle really plays well to the L/R/L in the lineup.  Problem w/ that is of course that he's a terrible hitter from both sides of the plate right now, so its not all that useful.

Then leave him on the bench to come it at the appropriate time. You have a gaping hole at #5 in your lineup from first pitch. Sorry, harsh words, but right now this is the truth. Hyde doesn't have the gravitas as a manager to sit the team's star players.

ESPN making Lugo sound borderline unhittable.  League leading pitcher in a bunch of advanced stats and throws 9 different pitches.  Not very encouraging.  Sounds like a terrible matchup for this lineup. 

Hope O's can find a way to get to him and also get some luck/ breaks on our side.  Or best case he has a shaky start and they get to him early. 

1 minute ago, Fiver6565 said:

Abysmal weather and an abysmal performance in game 1, coupled with the pricing issues that have been documented.....not shocking.  I'm sure it will fill in pretty well though.

Hapless performance for 3 months, mid-week, 430pm game, the chance to attend the 10th L in a row in post season….. 

Thats a tough ticket to sell. 

2 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

I hope it doesn't to send a message to the organization. Lower prices and improve the product on the field.

1 minute ago, Uli2001 said:

Then leave him on the bench to come it at the appropriate time. You have a gaping hole at #5 in your lineup from first pitch. Sorry, harsh words, but right now this is the truth. Hyde doesn't have the gravitas as a manager to sit the team's star players.

There's zero reason to bench him, not like McCann gives us a better chance with the bat.  I agree he should be moved down.

Just now, Uli2001 said:

I hope it doesn't to send a message to the organization. Lower prices and improve the product on the field.

Say what you will but its back to back playoff teams for the first time in 27 years.  The fan base simply cannot be that spoiled.  No message needs to be sent, they're all watching too.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, WestCoastBmore said:

ESPN making Lugo sound borderline unhittable.  League leading pitcher in a bunch of advanced stats and throws 9 different pitches.  Not very encouraging.  Sounds like a terrible matchup for this lineup. 

Hope O's can find a way to get to him and also get some luck/ breaks on our side.  Or best case he has a shaky start and they get to him early. 

I'm thinking the same thing. wait till next year.

All I ask today is please give us something to cheer for. Just have competitive ABs with an offensive plan. Don't just go up there trying to mash everything. Efflin goes 5+ and BP closes it out. Let's gooooo

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

Say what you will but its back to back playoff teams for the first time in 27 years.  The fan base simply cannot be that spoiled.  No message needs to be sent, they're all watching too.

I didn't say they are the White Sox. I said that the team fielded an under .500 ballclub for the past three months. Injuries played a part, but every team has injuries. Plus this bullpen is in the lower third of the league.