5/28. Hernandez Debut. O's vs. Tigers

PrivateO

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I disagree, he was waaaaaaaay out on his front foot, there.

Just a great adjustment mid-swing.

He got one on the pitch he hooked foul, It seemed he was waitng for another. Nice job by Thomas, and nice job by DH limiting the damage.

Fat pitch but he got away with it.

88 pitches (52 strikes), 4 H, 3 BB, 2 K, 1 ER through 5 for Hernandez.

He should be coming out for the 6th, but I'd have someone getting ready. Wouldn't pull him after the first guy gets on, unless its an XBH, but I would pull him if two get on.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Admittedly I am taking a wide swing.  But you post consistently on two things.  Adding pitching.  And the fact that without adding pitching they are not seriously competing for a World Series. Besides the fact that the seriously competing part is just flat out wrong.  You speak frequently of the deep pockets of the new ownership group and the deep reserve of talent the GM has to acquire  elite or difference making pitching. On its face I don't think anyone has an issue with that.  But while you say I am falsely accusing you of wild spending.  Just in this thread alone, you have advocated for signing Burnes, Gunnar trading for Skubual and that's just in the last couple pages and just in this one thread.  You have advocated for other moves and these are not one off.  I am trying to not be offensive, but it comes across as fantasy league stuff.   Yes the Orioles would be more competitive if they had more pitching.  Yes new ownership should spend more freely than previous ownership.  But if Burnes wants the biggest paycheck, he isn't coming back here.  If Skubal can be had for Mayo, he isn't coming here.  If Gunnar wants years and dollars in the Witt range or slightly higher, maybe the O's do it.  If he wants much more he will likely be traded by a dispassionate GM for a boat load sometime down the road. I don't want that, most fans don't want that...regardless of how far the O's will go....you are still wrong about the basic assumption you consistently quote.  The Orioles are already contending for a WS.  They can do more, but seriously...they are indisputably one of the favorites today. 
    • I think there could be a good chance Burnes starts 
    • Hopefully some more of our guys made the reserves. We find out on Sunday.
    • I think GH is already one of the best players in baseball and could go down as one of the best ever.  That doesn't mean as people who play sports that you cannot revert to bad habits or go into slumps.  EVERYONE DOES. My point was GHs little slumps involve swings like the above. That doesn't mean you or anyone needs to come out of the wood work and  defend his honor like a shining white knight like you do for JH for example....and call me a troll for saying so. Get a life.  It should involve more than this message board.
    • Max Fried is a childhood friend of our family..He pitched for our Little League team, my son was his teammate.....he has ALWAYS dreamed of being a Dodger..I think the chances of him being an Oriole are extremely remote...but crazier things have happened..
    • If that’s the case I would just play Kjerstad the way Mountcastle has hit RHP recently. There is so much technology now for guys who get sick. IV vitimans, standard IV and so on.
  • Popular Contributors