7/7 - O's @ M's... Can we solve Bedard?

The Rick

Uh, did the ump miss that one, too?!?!

For the love of GOD... that was blatantly obvious.

You can't hit the ball twice while you're holding the bat... but that was different... the bat was just lying on the ground and the ball came down on it. I think at that point the bat is just part of the field... but I'm not exactly sure...

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Makes you wonder what people would think of him if he wasn't forced into the rotation early by Hill's injury. He's been very, very solid as a reliever.

That's fine.

We're going to need a few of those with all the young kids we'll have in the starting staff.

I understand the benefit of the doubt, and like I said I fully believe he was past the bag. But I don't think Hunter understands the rule even after reading it on air a couple times.

Well I don't think he does either, but I also doubt he's specifically reading from the rule book either. He's probably reading whatever someone put in front of him to read.

Anyone care to comment on what I posted earlier? The comment from Rule 7.05(g) states this:

The position of the batter-runner at the time the wild throw left the thrower’s hand is the key in deciding the award of bases. If the batter-runner has not reached first base, the award is two bases at the time the pitch was made for all runners. The decision as to whether the batter-runner has reached first base before the throw is a judgment call.

So maybe it had to do with Scott's position rather than Reimold's?

Our lineup is better than theirs? :rofl:

Have you watched either game?

Okay, I admit that watching Roberts, Jones, and Markakis flailing away at every pitcher sent against us lately has got me on edge. But this team is more than a couple of starting pitchers away from being decent. And, the hitters have to take their share of the blame for the woeful games we've been seeing.

I disagree. It's all about pitching and if we replace Hill and Berken's production with that of two "good pitchers", we will be markedly better. I agree the defense should be better and the hitting has been annoying. But the core of Nick, Brob, AJ, Luke, Wieters and Reimold should be just fine. Check that better than fine, should be good possibly even real good in a couple of years.

Our lineup is better than theirs? :rofl:

Have you watched either game?

Okay, I admit that watching Roberts, Jones, and Markakis flailing away at every pitcher sent against us lately has got me on edge. But this team is more than a couple of starting pitchers away from being decent. And, the hitters have to take their share of the blame for the woeful games we've been seeing.

Yeah I'd say our lineup is better than theirs. We're better in every category: BA, OBP, SLG, OPS and Runs Scored.

I disagree. It's all about pitching and if we replace Hill and Berken's production with that of two "good pitchers"' date=' we will be markedly better. I agree the defense should be better and the hitting has been annoying. But the core of Nick, Brob, AJ, Luke, Wieters and Reimold should be just fine. Check that better than fine, should be good possibly even real good in a couple of years.[/quote']

I'm sorry. I didn't realize that I said we wouldn't be better if we had better pitchers than Berken and Hill. Oh...I re-read my post and I didn't say that. I said that the hitters had to take their share of the blame. And, I was upfront and admitted that my opinion is obviously influenced by recent poor performance. Several people here thought we shouldn't have re-signed Roberts, Izturis and Andino are both slap hitters. We have no obvious replacements for Mora or Huff. So, I stand by what I said - we are more than a couple of good pitchers away from contention.

Archived