If you had to lay down $100...

FollyFollyToo

Probably someone like Hanley Ramirez. Pitchers are long shots because the likelihood of career ending injuries is so much higher.

Yeah, I'd probably go with Hanley. I certainly wouldn't pick a pitcher.

Markakis would be in my top-5.

Yeah, I don't think I'd take a pitcher, but Lincecum is pretty tempting. Hanley Ramirez might be the best option. And Markakis or even Adam Jones might be worth the bet. I don't think I'd put $100 on Wieters, just because he's a catcher. Although the fact that he's a catcher might actually help his cause...?

Evan Longoria, obviously. Hanley is on a HOF track but is probably going to be moved to 3B before he's 30, which will hurt his chances (I mean, he's still a HOFer, but still). Lincecum is probably the easiest slam dunk and has done the most of any 25 and under, but he's also the greatest injury risk as a pitcher.

Evan Longoria, obviously. Hanley is on a HOF track but is probably going to be moved to 3B before he's 30, which will hurt his chances (I mean, he's still a HOFer, but still). Lincecum is probably the easiest slam dunk and has done the most of any 25 and under, but he's also the greatest injury risk as a pitcher.

Wait, Hanley Ramirez will move to 3rd base and that will hurt his chances, but your pick is Evan Longoria, a 3rd baseman?

I will third Evan Longoria. Next to Pujols, he'd be the one guy I'd pick to build my team around. I think he'll not only have a HOF career, but he'll also become one of the best players of our generation.

Felix Hernandez is a great call too. He might be one of the last guys to have a shot @ 300 wins.

The obvious correct answer would be Miguel Cabrera. He started the season as a 25 year old. He is 26 now.

I just have a feeling he'll flame out by 29 (a la Andrew Jones).

My first thought on this thread was Longoria as well.

Archived