The Great Tillman Debate

Frobby

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, really you don't..You rarely do...But keep taking pics, running away from Jtrea and making poor jokes.

come back when you think you can talk baseball.

Weren't you involved in your own pitty-party thread in which you yourself contemplated leaving?

I know we can't all fathom your incredible baseball genius, but you'll just have to tolerate us while we try.

Show me exactly where I used the words stupid and clueless.
No, really you don't...You are clueless as to where I am coming from.
Coming from the guy who has been calling people stupid and clueless all morning.
Who have I called stupid and clueless?

here you go.

I am so glad DH's dad is on this site...That way one of the people close to him can represent DH with class and intelligence.

The difficulties I'm having with your perspective is that I think most of your opinion is stemming from second hand information or general ignorance.

You continue to treat age much more importantly than warranted. Age is a general indicator, like ERA. It is not specific, and it is peculiar for every individual. Some people stop developing physically by 19, others much later. You treat it as though it is the same for everyone. Furthermore, it doesn't appear that you have any firsthand experience or knowledge of human development. Age is much less important than scouting a player's development.

Brain development happens a bit latter, and which I tried to show earlier, actually gives DH a significant advantage over Tillman. A cursory examination appears to show that players who do lower their walk rate do so around the ages of 24-26, which is the second biggest area DH has needed to work on.

If you think that CT was in the rotation until just a few days ago, you're definitely incorrect. It's also a very low estimation of the Orioles' decision making process.

Lastly, I just don't think you're basing your posts on what you see, but what others are writing and reporting. Personally, I find it troubling because you are so vehement in your conviction that CT is being wronged, the Orioles are dumb, and DH has so much more to work on. You are way overvaluing stats in your assessment. Stats are a means to augment and clarify scouting. What scouting are you doing in this thread?

Who have I called stupid and clueless?

SG, it's the same old story: You act like you know the One True Story and everybody else is a moron. If you would just learn how to disagree with people like an adult instead of a 13-yr-old brat, this kind of junk wouldn't happen.

I am so glad DH's dad is on this site...That way one of the people close to him can represent DH with class and intelligence.

As for DH having family here, or other O's or their family members reading stuff here, one of the main disadvantages is that it provides opportunity for you to give Oriole fans a bad name by acting like a jerk for no reason other than your personal shortcomings re: having a civil discussion. You know enough about baseball to be an asset, but you insist on ruining it by acting like you're oh-so-special while you treat others like they're dirt.

Neither have much of a sample size in the majors to really even talk about.

So, look at age, upside, performance in the minors, etc....

Unless he gets hurt, Tillman getting less than 25 ML starts this year is just flat out stupid.

And Tony, BA, most intelligent posters on here and pretty every scout in the country.
No, really you don't...You are clueless as to where I am coming from.
No, really you don't..You rarely do...But keep taking pics, running away from Jtrea and making poor jokes.

come back when you think you can talk baseball.

internet_tough_guy_tshirt-p235239109861196833ludk_400.jpg

SG, it's the same old story: You act like you know have the One True Story and everybody else is a moron. If you would just learn how to disagree with people like an adult instead of a 13-yr-old brat, this kind of junk wouldn't happen.

As for DH having family here, or other O's or their family members reading stuff here, one of the main disadvantages is that if provides opportunity for you to give Oriole fans a bad name by acting like such a jerk for no reason other than your personal shortcomings re: having a civil discussion. You know enough about baseball to be an asset, but you insist in ruining it by acting like you're oh-so-special while you treat others like they're dirt.

Just shut up....I have never said anything disparaging about DH and ooriole28 acts like I do and sends me nasty messages all the time just because I think DH is going to the pen..The man is a jerk and deserves no respect from me...So please, go the hell away. You don't know what you are talking about.

Archived