Surprised? Roch say it's Hernandez and Tatum

ConnO'sFan

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JTrea, I know you love WAR. Go look at the 2009 WAR totals for all the catchers that had less than 200 plate appearances. Then tell me how important a backup catcher is.

Then, when you start talking about intangibles, take your head and put it in a large cold bucket of water.

I can't believe the rhetoric by both sides. This decision isn't "meaningless," nor is it "huge.". But I'm sure the O's thought long and hard about the positives and negatives both players bring to the table (only some of which are known to internet posters) and did what they thought was best. I'm sure demoting Moeller was not an easy decision to make and I'm sure the O's are aware of the positives he brought.

I can't believe the rhetoric by both sides. This decision isn't "meaningless," nor is it "huge.". But I'm sure the O's thought long and hard about the positives and negatives both players bring to the table (only some of which are known to internet posters) and did what they thought was best. I'm sure demoting Moeller was not an easy decision to make and I'm sure the O's are aware of the positives he brought.

I wonder if this decision was made prior to the trade for Lebrud (sp?) Maybe they felt that they would potentially lose Chad and made this move. Hopefully Moeller goes to Norfolk.

Ahhh, c'mon Frobby...you know the "we only know so much" argument around here gets tossed out the window by those who think they know everything ;)

I think every move made should have an eye toward the future. If they believe Tatum is the long-term solution as a backup catcher' date=' this is the right move. Even if he costs you 3 games in 2010, who cares?[/quote']

I agree the long term is a factor here. Personally I think Caleb Joseph will be the long term backup catcher, starting in a year or two. But we should have some other options.

Didn't Moeller have a great ST? And he hit pretty well in Baltimore last year too. I am surprised about this...I wonder if Moeller will somehow stick as a coach, he worked really well with the young pitchers last year.

Bad decision IMO. Peter Schmuck agrees. Should be Moeller.

I like the DH move.

Archived