Blame MacPhail

JTrea81

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BTW Trea, do you have proof PA isn't the real issue?

Why is MacPhail still there if Angelos isn't giving him the money he requests?

I think Angelos hired MacPhail because he knew he wouldn't spend money.

I also think that since fans were wanting a rebuild, Angelos gave them just that and did just enough to raise hopes so he could still make a profit but not have to spend as much to do so. He knows MacPhail will never request the resources it will take to compete and has said that plan is flawed anyway.

I think he's having the last laugh...

But that's just another one of my conspiracy theories...

I also think that since fans were wanting a rebuild, Angelos gave them just that and did just enough to raise hopes so he could still make a profit but not have to spend as much to do so. He knows MacPhail will never request the resources it will take to compete.

So...Angelos isn't giving MacPhail the money he requests....

...yet Angelos hired MacPhail because he knows he wouldn't spend money?

How's that work?

Then I wouldn't know how to judge others!
Elitist is a word people often use to characterize others who know more than them. Life isn't fair and one of it's many cruel facts, is that no matter how smart you think you are, there is always someone smarter.

I also think that since fans were wanting a rebuild, Angelos gave them just that and did just enough to raise hopes so he could still make a profit but not have to spend as much to do so. He knows MacPhail will never request the resources it will take to compete and has said that plan is flawed anyway.

That does sound like a conspiracy theory. But a part of me agrees with you.

I also think that since fans were wanting a rebuild, Angelos gave them just that and did just enough to raise hopes so he could still make a profit but not have to spend as much to do so. He knows MacPhail will never request the resources it will take to compete.

Oh this ones too good.

So Peter Angelos in an order to make more money, brings in a guy who will "rebuild" and spend as little money as possible. He makes sure Roberts and Markakis extend to keep the fans somewhat enthused as they trick the fan base that there is an actual rebuild going on and Peter laughs to the bank.

Sanctum Peter Cotium

Deus ri hunnam

hippitus hoppitus reus domine

So...Angelos isn't giving MacPhail the money he requests....

...yet Angelos hired MacPhail because he knows he wouldn't spend money?

How's that work?

No, MacPhail isn't requesting what it will take to compete, thus Angelos is happy to give him less even though AM should be asking for more.

AM is selling hope to all the fans because he's convinced his plan will work, and Angelos gets to spend less and profit more.

Hence why he's "delighted" with the results.

Because he likes to get paid.

I

think Angelos hired MacPhail because he knew he wouldn't spend money.
I don't think anyone can say this is right or wrong...I think there could be validity to this on all sides.

Why not respond to my other post?

No, MacPhail isn't requesting what it will take to compete, thus Angelos is happy to give him less even though AM should be asking for more.

AM is selling hope to all the fans because he's convinced his plan will work, and Angelos gets to spend less and profit more.

But if Angelos set it up this way, knowing what would happen, isn't it his fault and not MacPhails?

But if Angelos set it up this way, knowing what would happen, isn't it his fault and not MacPhails?

MacPhail could have requested what it would take to sign this premium players, but he hasn't.

He needs to change his ways.

If Angelos were to say no, then it would be his fault. But so far Angelos hasn't had to say no that we know of...

MacPhail is enabling Angelos, thus it is his fault.

Right. Cause Angelos would hate a sold out OPACY every night with a winner on the field. I mean, he'd make less money that way.

MacPhail could have requested what it would take to sign this premium players, but he hasn't.

He needs to change his ways.

If Angelos were to say no, then it would be his fault. But so far Angelos hasn't had to say no that we know of...

Wasn't it Peter Angelos who made sure we signed Matt Wieters? Is this part of the facade as well? Theres teams in our situation who aren't willing to draft a player that will cost big money, and I know theres instances where we have, but this is one where he made sure the money was spent.

It was something that needed to be said. But then MacPhail failed to act on it. 2010 should be about wins and losses.

He's had 3 offseasons now to build this team. And look where we are:

- This team still looks to have a hole LT at both 1B and 3B as Snyder and Bell are struggling in Norfolk.

- 2B is now a concern LT because of Roberts' back and there's nobody in the minors to take his place.

- SS has still not been solved as Izturis is gone at the end of 2010 with no immediate help in the minors.

- The OF is still a question mark because Jones hasn't rounded back into form offensively and Reimold and Pie have injury concerns and there is no relief in the minors there either.

And this team is supposed to compete in 2011?

There is no positional depth in the minors and that is a result of Andy MacPhail and his obsession with pitching. And MacPhail has failed to acquire the premium talent needed at the ML level to make up for that lack of positional depth. It's exactly the same problem that doomed the Cubs, and history seems to be repeating itself...

So 35 ABs at Norfolk has convinced you that both Snyder and Bell aren't going to be quality MLers? Nuff said.

Archived