4/30: Red Sox at O's

PaulFolk

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, so here's how it goes...

Starting pitcher goes at least 5.1, surrenders 3 runs or less... we are in the game. Our offense trips all over itself in numerous run scoring opportunities, the starter tires, they bring in someone out of the pen, they have a decent inning, we make a few more boneheaded mistakes offensively, then our bullpen completely gives it away.

Then we fall asleep.

Am I delusional or do I remember reading on OH in the offseason that people thought we would have a good bullpen? How is it possibly that so many guys in one bullpen could be pitching so badly. Guess you can ask the same question about how all the hitters can suck at the same time. Just imagine if our starters were pitching like "normal". We might have broken the 88 season record last night.

This bullpen will figure out a way to give up 5 runs on one pitch in this situation.

I think they should start throwing the gold ball like in the HR Derby in the bottom of the ninth inning.

If an Orioles player can just hit it, they can win the game no matter what the score...

So, will it be Albers that gets moved?

It shouldn't be. He's not a pitcher who can pitch in back-to-back games at this point. But if he goes 1+, then gets some rest, then he'd be usefull. But when the manager is convinced that 4+ pitchers need to pitch every game, that's not going to happen.

Okay, so here's how it goes...

Starting pitcher goes at least 5.1, surrenders 3 runs or less... we are in the game. Our offense trips all over itself in numerous run scoring opportunities, the starter tires, they bring in someone out of the pen, they have a decent inning, we make a few more boneheaded mistakes offensively, then our bullpen completely gives it away.

Then we fall asleep.

This should be a sticky.

Archived