MacPhail puts hitters on notice

clapdiddy

And this could have the reverse effect he's looking for. Now that guys are threatened with being sent down, they might press more than ever to try to produce.

Hey Andy, how about you actually try and improve the roster like you said you were going to about three weeks ago? Get these guys some help.

Do your freaking job and stop pointing fingers at the mess you created!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And this could have the reverse effect he's looking for. Now that guys are threatened with being sent down, they might press more than ever to try to produce.

Hey Andy, how about you actually try and improve the roster like you said you were going to about three weeks ago? Get these guys some help.

Its very unlikely that he could do anything right now unless he just says, F it and brings up Snyder and Bell and see if they can get hot up here.

It's his own fault.

Maybe next time instead of signing stop gap players that clearly are not worthy of starting for an MLB team he will sign good players that can help the team.

Yeah, because you know, teams are looking to trade their best players a month into the season. They're looking to send a message to their team and their fans about their intentions for the remainder of the year.

BTW here's a GM actually trying to do something:

Trader Jack Zduriencik is on the hunt for a deal to improve the Mariners' offense.

"I've made a tremendous amount of phone calls. I continue to make phone calls. I've made several phone calls in the last three or four days," Zduriencik said. "But it's like hunting season. It's not hunting season right now. Nobody's selling."

So at least he's saying he's trying to do something instead of pointing fingers...

You're a hoot. You're real big about how the O's should "hold players accountable"... until the GM says something along those very lines... then, all the sudden, you say it could be a bad idea. Face it, no matter what he does or doesn't do, you twist and turn until you find a way to diss it...

BTW here's a GM actually trying to do something:

So at least he's saying he's trying to do something instead of pointing fingers...

Well, AM could be making calls as well..but no one is going to make moves now unless you severely overpay...That's why there really isn't anything he can do at this point.

You're a hoot. You're real big about how the O's should "hold players accountable"... until the GM says something along those very lines... then, all the sudden, you say it could be a bad idea. Face it, no matter what he does or doesn't do, you twist and turn until you find a way to diss it...

Quoted for 100% truth.

Sounds like things are getting ugly but it is about time we heard from him about this. He is definitely talking about Scott, Reimold, and Jones. Those games with Patterson, Montanez, and Gathright manning the outfield will be so depressing, I don't know how to deal with it because it is really not what I want to see. But I can't wait to see Jones' Twitter if he gets sent down.

Archived