The top 3 players went 1-2-3 to 3 small market teams

The top 3 players went 1-2-3 to 3 small market teams. Has that happened in the past 15 years? Good for Washington, Pittsburgh, and Baltimore.

For those complaining about Peter and Andy, I think they deserve kudos for once again picking a Boras guy - and the highest rated player on the board - provided they can get him signed.

The top 3 players went 1-2-3 to 3 small market teams. Has that happened in the past 15 years? Good for Washington, Pittsburgh, and Baltimore.

For those complaining about Peter and Andy, I think they deserve kudos for once again picking a Boras guy - and the highest rated player on the board - provided they can get him signed.

I'm glad you posted this, as like a sidebar in some article I was reading today it talked about how you weren't seeing nearly as much of the top talents dropping for money reasons only. The small market teams are starting to realize to make money they have to spend money here.

On a side note, I don't think I'd call BAL a small market team, they have and will spend money, they just haven't done it wisely in years.

You're right, Baltimore is not small market. Upper mid probably.

Washington though, I don't know. It's a big market, but they can't be making much money...

Totally agree, that ____-market label is a bit misleading. WAS is one of the largest markets in the country, but they don't draw that well and they are splitting a market with a more established team. I guess a team should be labeled small or large market by their revenue, which would make BAL a small market team, so in a way you were right originally, well played. :)

Archived