Sun: O's swap Wolf for Fox

Moose Milligan

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Orioles Insider blog:

Why would they trade for Fox if they could just pick him up on waivers once the 10 days expired? Afraid the A's would trade him elsewhere?

...............................................................................................

Jeff Z's reply: Yes, the A's were shopping him around elsewhere. I don't think the guy they give up is going to be a big deal at all.

The last Fox to play for Baltimore was original Oriole Howie Fox in 1954.

That Fox was a right-handed reliever. He wrapped up his 9-year career by going 1-2 with 2 saves and a 3.67 ERA in 38 appearances, spent the following season in Double-A ball and got stabbed to death shortly after the 1955 season ended trying to evict a troublemaker from the tavern he owned in San Antonio.

Hope things work out better for Jake.

As I said yesterday,another cubbie. Are we know waiver claim and trade for Cubbies East. I think we will make another move in less then a week. If we get all Cubbies do we also go 100 years between World Series?

Safe bet.

Hell, at this point it's looking like 100 years between .500 seasons.

As I said yesterday,another cubbie. Are we know waiver claim and trade for Cubbies East. (1) I think we will make another move in less then a week. (2) If we get all Cubbies do we also go 100 years between World Series?

1. Another ex-Cubbie?

2. If that is the case, we are almost 1/3 of the way through the 100 years!!!

As I said yesterday,another cubbie. Are we know waiver claim and trade for Cubbies East. I think we will make another move in less then a week. If we get all Cubbies do we also go 100 years between World Series?

Are you implying that we could have a deal in place for yet another ex (or current) Cub?

Couldn't anyone else trade for him in the interim?
I think it guarantees that we get him. Other teams could put in a trade bid for him.

I guess it's possible that someone else would want to trade for a 28 year old, ex-Cub, with a career OPS+ of 83 in 128 games spread over 3 years. Maybe the Yankees or Red Sox or Rays.....;)

And if we lost out, we'd be positively kicking ourselves for years to come

Nah.

Like I said we're probably not giving up much anyway. Why they can't kick Atkins to the curb without all this back-story is beyond me.

:angryfire::angryfire:

So.... Ross Wolf, I guess.

Meh.

To create a roster spot, the Orioles could option pitcher Chris Tillman to Triple-A Norfolk. This would temporarily saves Garrett Atkins' spot, but the team may need to make another move on Saturday if they promote Brad Bergesen to make the start that night so Atkins is hardly out of the woods. Both interim manager Juan Samuel and pitching coach Rick Kranitz said that they need to get Tillman pitching every five days and it's not happening here right now.

I'm not usually a roster Nazi but.... :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :angryfire: :angryfire:

:skeletor: :vader:

I think over the next couple of weeks we will try to adjust the roster. People coming back will play a big part and some other moves. I think we want to try to clear out some of the so called no clue hitters and bad pitchers. I guess we want to look more attractive to a new manager. We might need to find one with thick coke bottle ones.:laughlol:

Archived