Tillman's Return

Tank

I could not care less about our fifth starter. AM should be able to go find someone to throw in there. These young guys need to get right if we are ever going to have a chance and Norfolk is the place for them to get right.

Completely agree. The jerking around guys for some stupid potential short term gain at the SS Titanic is driving me nuts. Live them there as long as it takes, even if that is the AS break NEXT year. In the meantime, pick up a journeyman, toss Hendrickson in there, I don't care about the 2010 Orioles. I care about the 2011 and beyond club.

I wish the team would just leave Tillman and BB down until September. There is obviously something wrong with both of them and going down for one start and thinking everything is ok is ridiculous. BB shouldn't have been called up. This is twice now, you would think the front office would see what we all see.

I have mixed feelings about this. Yes, keeping Bergesen and Tillman at Norfolk, where they can work on their control issues and still dominate, might be good for their egos, but are they really learning anything? They already know the problem and they know what they have to correct it. So, beyond the ego question, and the possibility of an injury issue, is there any reason they can't work on the problem at the ML level, and gain ML experience at the same time.

I've learned to not take successful stints to the minors as a sign that pitchers have turned things around. He can get away with using his fastball in the minors and produce nice results.......so could DCab.

I've learned to not take successful stints to the minors as a sign that pitchers have turned things around. He can get away with using his fastball in the minors and produce nice results.......so could DCab.

Tillman couldn't stand his own success tonight. Got to 6.2 IP, 1 R, and then coughed up 2 solo homers and got pulled. Turned a good night into a mediocre one. 3 HR allowed on the day.

Tillman couldn't stand his own success tonight. Got to 6.2 IP, 1 R, and then coughed up 2 solo homers and got pulled. Turned a good night into a mediocre one. 3 HR allowed on the day.

That is because crstoner posted how good he had pitched tonight. He jinxed him. LOL

The 3 homers continue to show that he is working up in the zone and that the stuff isn't all that great.

I am glad to see the 7 k's, 2 walks and only 6 hits allowed but he only threw 60% of his pitches for strikes, gave up the homers and only had 5 GOS, while having 8 flyball outs.

Big time mixed bag.

That's an excuse but I think it's a realistic excuse. I like seeing the 7 strikeouts. I'd be more encouraged by a greater strike percentage. His walks are usually low and he doesn't give up many runs but he still throws too many pitches. It's like he can't attack hitters.

Can't put hitters away.

If they can see the curveball coming out of his hand and if he can't throw it for strikes, they won't swing at it.

Too many long at bats.

I do agree that the long inning may have hurt him and he probably should have been taken out but still, he is still obviously up in the zone too much.

Can't put hitters away.

If they can see the curveball coming out of his hand and if he can't throw it for strikes, they won't swing at it.

Too many long at bats.

I do agree that the long inning may have hurt him and he probably should have been taken out but still, he is still obviously up in the zone too much.

It's not that I disagree with your general concerns about Tillman, but today Tillman had 91 pitches through 6 IP which is fine. He allowed 2 solo HR with 2 out in the 7th, which isn't good, but he was way ahead in the game and was probably just trying to challenge the hitters and get out of there. In a tight game he might have pitched differently in that situation.

Archived