Morrow's No Hit Bid - Live on MLB Network

The Rick

Wow, Longoria hit it between the 1st & 2nd base bag and Hill got to it but it went by him in right field. The home town scorer rules a base hit. Given Longoria's speed, I think that the home town scorer could have justified ruling that an error, IMO, even though it would have been a stretch to say the least.

No way that was an error but a heck of a way to lose a no-no.

Agreed, but given that Hill reached that ball I was expecting the home town scorer to rule that an error. What do you think they would have done in Boston or New York? ;)

Agreed, but given that Hill reached that ball I was expecting the home town scorer to rule that an error. What do you think they would have done in Boston or New York? ;)

That would have been a hit anywhere. The play-by-play guy was trying to inject a little drama into the decision, but if that would have been called an error, the scorer should have been fired.

Just a tremendous performance by Morrow though.

Tied with Schilling (4/7/02) and Johnson (5/18/04) for highest game scores since 2000, at 100. He actually had exactly the same box score line as Schilling's game.

There's only been seven starts since 1980 with a game score of at least 100. So that's something like a 1-in-20,000 game.

Tied with Schilling (4/7/02) and Johnson (5/18/04) for highest game scores since 2000, at 100. He actually had exactly the same box score line as Schilling's game.

There's only been seven starts since 1980 with a game score of at least 100. So that's something like a 1-in-20,000 game.

That has to be the Ben Davis bunt game, correct? I remember Brenly screaming about how bush league it was for Davis to break up the no hitter on a bunt. But as I recall, they were only down one or two runs at the time. So it was a good a play, and I remember Davis saying something like, "Well Gwynn thought it was a good play." Also, Ben Davis has a lot of tatoos and is trying to revitalize his career as a pitcher.

That has to be the Ben Davis bunt game, correct? I remember Brenly screaming about how bush league it was for Davis to break up the no hitter on a bunt. But as I recall, they were only down one or two runs at the time. So it was a good a play, and I remember Davis saying something like, "Well Gwynn thought it was a good play." Also, Ben Davis has a lot of tatoos and is trying to revitalize his career as a pitcher.

According to the box score the only hit was a Raul Casanova single, lined to right field in the third inning.

Archived