Instructional league canceled

Frobby

I thought this deserved its own thread. Doc Shorebird is reporting that the O's won't hold instructional league this fall because of the renovations going on in Sarasota. Excuse me, but that sounds pretty terrible. So if we sign Machado, he can't even get any instruction at all until next March? And all the other guys who we usually would send there for several weeks of training won't be getting any?

I can't believe there wasn't some alternative location the team could have lined up for this.

Please tell me Doc's wrong here.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought this deserved its own thread. Doc Shorebird is reporting that the O's won't hold instructional league this fall because of the renovations going on in Sarasota. Excuse me, but that sounds pretty terrible. So if we sign Machado, he can't even get any instruction at all until next March? And all the other guys who we usually would send there for several weeks of training won't be getting any?

I can't believe there wasn't some alternative location the team could have lined up for this.

Please tell me Doc's wrong here.

The positive is that it's just a one year thing while the renovations happen.

Is it impossible/difficult to find another site to use for the month or so they'd need it, or is this a case of the Orioles being cheap and willing to pay to use another site?

The positive is that it's just a one year thing while the renovations happen.

Is it impossible/difficult to find another site to use for the month or so they'd need it, or is this a case of the Orioles being cheap and willing to pay to use another site?

I am willing to bet that it will be at another location, there is no way they just cancel it.

Are they working on Twin Lakes as well? I thought it was just the ML complex.

Both complexes are being worked. The Twin Lakes facility is gutted but the fields are untouched.

It was my understanding that the clubhouse at Ed Smith would stay untouched till next year but that could be off and the reason for any cancellation.

Unfortunately this doesn't confirm or deny the statement that Instructional League for the O's is cancelled for 2010 but I contacted the Sarasota staff and they were unaware of any cancellation.

If I hear anything more I will pass it along.

Archived