Stark on Baseball Tonight

DC2Dallas

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like Wood, Kendrick and the pitching prospects. Give me one of Wood/Kendrick and a pitching prospect with Mathis and I would do the deal.

I see Gibbons at 1B so we really dont need Kotchman.

Aybar sounds good, but Wood and Kendrick sound 10 times better. Why not settle for the best when trading the best.

I agree 100%. Wood or Kendrick have to be the centerpiece of the deal. I was just responding to your original post that said you didn't want guys like Aybar/Mathis/Kotchman. Those guys have tremendous value to us as part of a package with Wood or Kendrick.

I agree 100%. Wood or Kendrick have to be the centerpiece of the deal. I was just responding to your original post that said you didn't want guys like Aybar/Mathis/Kotchman. Those guys have tremendous value to us as part of a package with Wood or Kendrick.

UT. I dont mind Mathis or Aybar coming along with one of the centerpieces.

I just dont think we should take a trade without Kendrick and Wood in the deal.

I was seeing proposals without Kendrick and Wood and I was getting very very upset.

FWIW, I just read this article by Will Carroll of BP.

You're not going to like the Tejada talk much.

Multiple sources tell me that the Astros have decided to go after a big bat, making several calls around the league to gauge the market. GM Tim Purpura appears to be focused on adding Miguel Tejada, already their first choice in no small part due to the endorsement of Roger Clemens. Speculation is that the Orioles have to be blown away to move Tejada, and Purpura may have an offer to do that. One source said that a deal that would send Adam Everett, Morgan Ensberg, and Fernando Nieve to the Orioles is "one of the offers that's being discussed."

FWIW, I just read this article by Will Carroll of BP.

You're not going to like the Tejada talk much.

Multiple sources tell me that the Astros have decided to go after a big bat, making several calls around the league to gauge the market. GM Tim Purpura appears to be focused on adding Miguel Tejada, already their first choice in no small part due to the endorsement of Roger Clemens. Speculation is that the Orioles have to be blown away to move Tejada, and Purpura may have an offer to do that. One source said that a deal that would send Adam Everett, Morgan Ensberg, and Fernando Nieve to the Orioles is "one of the offers that's being discussed."

That flat out sucks, why oh why!?!?!? I seriously hope the FO dosen't think this is a good trade.

I know everyone's come down in favor of the Angels offer, but IMO that's a really, really tough call.

IMO Hirsh is the best of the 6, and he's basically ML-ready. The problem is that if for whatever reason, Pence doesn't pan out, then the O's are really screwed offensively.

Aybar and Kotchman give the O's two guys that are ML-ready, and although at this point both are typically lower-rated than Pence and Hirsh, they both fill glaring needs. Adenhart is a terrific prospect, but he's a single-A pitcher. Lots of risk there.

In the end I'd probably go with the Angels offer too.

I think the fact that the Angels deal has been talked around here so much is why people tend to lean that way. God knows Kotchman's name gets thrown around 4 or 5 times a day...

I think that given the Astros position and Stoneman's reluctance to part with anyone (not just the aforementioned), our best best is Houston. I think we could probably walk away from this pantsing Pupura for more than I mentioned, but at the end of the day, I would be floored if we ended up trading Tejada anywhere.

These writers are idiotic. They say the Orioles have to be "blown away" and then say that to accomplish this, we get Adam Everett back, as if he is a great replacement. If Adam Everett were good, the Astros wouldn't even be looking to get Tejada! I can't imagine that our FO would be that stupid, let alone Angelos signing off on a deal for Tejada. If the O's want to compete now, keep Tejada, otherwise, trade him for young talent that will come up in a couple of years or less. But DON'T trade Tejada for worse, older players already at the ML level. The suggestion that that offer would "blow away" the Orioles is preposterous, probably a Houston writer trying to get the fans' hopes up. Frankly, the package for Carlos Lee sucked, too, and if we can't get younger with this trade, then it's not a good idea.

I still think all of this is overblown thanks to the ESPN guys like Stark. And if the FO signs off on that deal, I'll be glad when PA meddles and screws it up.

Where the heck do we put Ensberg in that?

Ugh.

Well, I guess Mora moves back to the LF... I certainly don't think acquiring Everett to replace Tejada is the answer though.

On a side note, I have not been impressed with Mora's defense at 3B of late.

They got two hitters (Mench and Nix) who have combined for half the homeruns and 30 less RBI than Lee and a failed closer in Cordero. None of these players really helps them in the long run IMO.

Mora has been good compared to A-Rod :D

Archived