Stark on Baseball Tonight

DC2Dallas

Jayson Stark made it sound tonight as if Tejada and Carlos might both be moved before the deadline, and that it might leave Washington holding on to Soriano and his salary (before he bolts at the end of September).

For what it's worth, he sounded a little more optimistic about the Angels, while admitting that the Astros are still very much in the hunt. He said both teams "have made a run at Tejada" in the last couple of days.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tell you one thing, as bad as things are with our FO, I wake up every morning these days and head to the 'puter to see if there was a trade that happened while I slept.

Waiting with some hope for something 'good' to happen for the O's (even if it means trading Miggy for some good young players). :)

I thought Starks little appearance was absolutely useless. Same stuff thats been on espn.com and the board the past few days.

Ah, but this time it came from the mouth of JAYSON STARK!! ....in awe....... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

More of the same from ESPN. Roll one of their "experts" in front of the camera to make some more money for the big boys in the HQ.

Ah, but this time it came from the mouth of JAYSON STARK!! ....in awe....... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

More of the same from ESPN. Roll one of their "experts" in front of the camera to make some more money for the big boys in the HQ.

Bingo!

They'll collectively crap themselves if no one makes any big time trades.

They have not said anything yet about Tejada during this sportscenter except those teasers you mentioned. I am sure it is just the same stuff we have heard earlier since they rarely provide new info in a sportscenter this late.

If you listen to ESPN, Guerrero would be patrolling RF for the O's.

It would be great if we could pull off a great deal and bring back some top prospects but I am getting ready for the famous "weren't offered enough" comments on Monday.

I'm expecting the "weren't offered enough" line on Monday as well, but I think that will be a good thing as no team is actually going to offer enough to make it worth trading Tejada.

I'm expecting the "weren't offered enough" line on Monday as well, but I think that will be a good thing as no team is actually going to offer enough to make it worth trading Tejada.

And in the end, if that is the case, then so be it. While I would not object to trading Miggy, I would only do so if they got a bundle in return, which may not happen.

A sad twist here is that over time, I for one take whatever the Front Office says with a great big grain of salt in terms of "believability".

And in the end, if that is the case, then so be it. While I would not object to trading Miggy, I would only do so if they got a bundle in return, which may not happen.

A sad twist here is that over time, I for one take whatever the Front Office says with a great big grain of salt in terms of "believability".

Personally, I'm much more worried about them moving Tejada for too small of a package than them not making the move if they get the right package in return.

Although, admittedly, I'm placing a pretty big value on Tejada and expecting a big return for him accordingly.

Archived