Who wins the series?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the series?

• Rays
    • Rangers

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By far (I think) the most intriguing of the division series matchups. I can't say who I think is a clear winner, though I have to lean towards Tampa based on rotation matchups. I think Lee will really confuse this team in his starts, but I don't know if Texas' team is healthy enough to pull it out. What is the latest on Hamilton? Cruz and Kinsler are dinged up. Vlad and Young are old. I kinda want Texas to win, but I think Tampa prevails in the end of a five-game series.

I like the Rangers, always kinda have. Back in the day with JuanGone/Raffy/Sierra/Pudge...and Tettleton, too. Rusty Greer was awesome. And now Josh Hamilton, how can you not like that guy?

While I hope they beat the Rays, ultimately the thing for me is who is the team that can beat the Yankees, as I don't see Minnesota beating them. I'm not sure the Rangers are that team.

Cliff Lee goes 7 IP, while striking out 10 and walking no batters. This is the THIRD postseason game he has pitched at least 7 IP with no walks and at least 10 K. No other pitcher has even done that more than once. Even better... Only THREE OTHER pitchers have posted a line of 7 IP, 0 BB and 10 K in postseason history: Tom Seaver 1973 NLCS Game 1, Don Newcombe 1949 World Series Game 1 and Deacon Phillippe 1903 World Series Game 1.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=301006130

Archived