Tejada deal up to Angelos

bigbird

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Belcast, if Angelos is asked to pay any of Tejada's salary, will that kill the deal?

I'm not Belkast but it's my understanding we ain't paying any of Tejada's salary. We could kick in some for say Conine, etc...

Belcast, if Angelos is asked to pay any of Tejada's salary, will that kill the deal?

Tejada's deal is considered a very good deal in this market. I think it is fair to say we shouldn't be expected to pick up any salary.

On that note... ESPN Insider:

Maybe the Rangers give the players/prospects needed to add to the Astros offer for Tejada...???

Great thought. Sometimes I forget that 3 way deals do actually happen outside of SG's head!

I love the info from Belkast of the Astros asking for a chance to top other deals. I also think it's interesting that no one seems to have a handle on who they are including in their most recent offer. Buster Olney was asked point blank about the Astros and Tejada this afternoon and steered it in another direction. Makes me wonder if it is more likely to happen and they don't want to tip their hand.

This stuff is better than John Le Carre.

Tejada's deal is considered a very good deal in this market. I think it is fair to say we shouldn't be expected to pick up any salary.

Totally agree. That would be just trying to take advantage of us. If you want him, make the deal, bear the cost (which is actually a bargain).

I'm not Belkast but it's my understanding we ain't paying any of Tejada's salary. We could kick in some for say Conine, etc...

If Conine is dealt then yes we will have to kick in some money for his salary considering his option most likely will kick in.

Boy you're asking me to answer a question that nobody but PGA can answer. I know for a fact that trading Tejada has more steam then it did a week ago!! I asked my guy what the chances of him being traded and he said 60/40 at this point. My gut says he'll go to Houston being they play in a different league then us. I don't know the exact players involved with the Stros or LAA but I was told we like both possibilities. As I said my guy thinks in the end we can squeeze alittle more out of Houston then LAA. We'll see!

This is interesting... thanks for the info. I wouldn't at all mind Ensberg, but I don't really like Lane or Everett. I wonder who else we could land?

If Conine is dealt then yes we will have to kick in some money

for his salary considering his option most likely will kick in.

That's interesting. If we bundle Tejada and Conine we could kick in some money... "for Conine" you know. Everyone saves face.

Doesn't matter what we should do folks. I'm betting I know what Angelos will do.It could kill any deal.

Can't you see him sitting in his office on top Charles Center. Room is mostly dark. Spermish grin on his face. Drool ooozing. Just waiting for the hot line to ring. At that time King Pete is on top of the baseball world and is in control.

I was told he nixed a deal late last evening.

Could be a good thing. If the O's know that they have Santana and Aybar as a fall back, it makes sense to punch out other deals that they don't think measure up...especially in the situation the Astros appear to be in.

BB, was this a deal that Flanny/Duke liked or are they running pretty much every offer up the chain to PA? The latter seems likely to me.

Archived