Whats he supposed to do.... tackle the baserunner?

No one said he had to do anything. It's his "not going anywhere for awhile" Snickers-eating stance that kinda sums how I feel about watching the Os get shelled night after night. Like, jeez here we go again.

Wonder if Reynolds "misses" the Astros now. It's hard to be on a losing team. I can't imagine players who have been here for a while -- Markakis, Roberts, Guthrie etc. It's gotta wear down on you. I feel for them. Changes have to be made throughout the organization to clean this mess up.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Eh, I don't think hamstringing the team because we don't know what to do with the guys we are replacing is a successful long term strategy.  If we have better players (debatable of course) that can make the team better, we shouldn't NOT make moves because we don't know what to do with the guy we are replacing.  Sure, ideally we can find a trade that helps up now or in the future.  BUT whether we are talking about McKenna, Urias, or whomever, if we have better options to help the MLB team win, we can't be overly worried about what happens to those we replace.  Trade him?  Sure, if we can.  Option him?  Sure, if we can and they have options.  DFA him?  Sure, if no better option exists or is possible.  Urias has been a decent/average player for a few years. But SO FAR (SSS) he's a liability at the plate this season.  MAYBE he reverts back to being closer to his career averages.  Maybe he doesn't.  But if we can improve the team Urias isn't so valuable that I'm going to lose sleep over where he ends up or how he is removed from the roster.  
    • We'll find out Kevin Brown reads the OH when he goes "And Mountcastle... DEVELOPS that ball to left field!"
    • They’re top 10 in K/9, BB/9, GB%, ERA, xFIP, and 12th in FIP and WAR. That’s with Kimbrel pitching poorly and Baumann/Heasley/Tate/Ramirez pitching almost 1/3rd of their total innings.  Coulombe, Akin, Cano, and Webb have all been good with statcast numbers to match. Wells in his career as a reliever is a near 3.5 ERA/FIP and 23% K-BB% guy. Suarez looks like a very good swingman at minimum with potential to pitch middle/later innings. That gives you 6 relievers who are very good. I would argue that if we had Bautista right now, they’re borderline top 5 in ERA, FIP, xFIP, and WAR (with the 5th least amount of innings pitched) and there’s no talk about it being a weakness. They absolutely do need a dominant guy and someone they can rely on in the 9th inning (Helsley?) but the rest of the bullpen should be in pretty good shape if they get that backend piece. 
    • Well I just mean that he likely will struggle at the plate out the gate as all our young guys have and combining that with a poor glove will have folks jumping out windows hah
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now