+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Mark Reynolds Appreciation Thread

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Probably one of my favorite players from the last decade. Gonna miss him.

clapdiddy is online now Plus Member Since 02/03 All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    I was truly hoping to have Mark back next season, but I can certainly understand why our front office is ready to move on. He certainly can hit a baseball as far as anyone...and for that, Mr. Reynolds, I salute you!

murph is offline Plus Member Since 4/12 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Still remember his reaction to the call change, from out to safe. That was classic! Still think the ump at second needed to let that play out, that the ejection was too quick.

LookinUp is online now Plus Member Since 6/08 All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    The OP, and something like this, is how I'll remember Reynolds' time with the O's.

OFFNY is offline Plus Member since 3/11 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    This thread got pretty lonely soon after Reynolds took over at first, and it got really lonely when Machado was called up on August 9th.

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/foru...the-game/page5

Thank you very much for the help, Mark and Manny.

OrangeJerseys is offline Plus Member since 02/07 All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Hope you're not gone Mr. Seeds.

Sent from my iPhone using ninja skills.

ShaneDawg85 is offline Plus Member Since April 2009 All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    As frustrating as Reynolds could be at times, he was one of my favorite Orioles of recent memory. When he was hot, he was blazing, and nobody could sit him down. September 6 against the Yankees will forever be etched in my mind, and I know it will be for many of you as well. He came with a power reputation, and he delivered it in his two short years here. That, and Mark seems like a good guy, who truly cared about the team and making things happen, and boy did he deliver. If this is it for Mark as an Oriole, I'll truly miss him. I'll miss the moon shot homers, the sunflower seed tosses, the Golden Toe at first, heck even the constant flap fest threads over his defense. He was colorful, and he added some colorful discussions around here in two years. Best wishes, Mark, no matter where you go, just never against the O's, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by scOtt View Post
    Probably one of my favorite players from the last decade. Gonna miss him.
    Agreed 100%! Thanks Mark for being a big part of the first WINNING O's team in what seemed like forever to happen again- AND bringing pride back to B-more baseball!

Hope it won't be another 15 years til we see another winning season.......

El Gordo is online now Plus member since 6/06 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Gonna miss Sheriff Toe. Fun guy to watch play. Gutsy and better than most people thought. I think he's a steal for TB and will come back to haunt us.

Frobby is online now Hangout Blogger Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    I won't say anything sentimental here until Reynolds signs with another team. Nothing's over yet.

UpstateNYfan is offline Plus Member Since 01/11 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation
    A few here called him complacent, he was exactly the opposite, exuberant better describes him. One said he was an overachiever, when drafted was never thought to be able to make it to the bigs. He did. He was fun to watch as an Oriole, you never knew exactly what to expect, but a guy who never gave in and always played hard. I will miss him. Good luck, best wishes Mark.

sangar is offline Plus Member Since 7/08 All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    I rarely participate in these threads or offer opinions on non-tenders. This time I will say that this is a mistake.

Can_of_corn is online now Plus Member since 12/09 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Frobby View Post
    I won't say anything sentimental here until Reynolds signs with another team. Nothing's over yet.
    I'm with Frobby on this one. Too early for this thread.

It is too early for this thread, I hope. But if Mark Reynolds hits 40+ HR's for the Red Sox this year, I will never forgive our front office.