Mets looking for 1B

pastorfan

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be pleased to trade them Alvarez if they could be convinced he can play first base adequately.

I'd do a salary dump type deal or take money back for a decent prospect.

Could move Trumbo to DH where he belongs and free up playing time for Reimold and Kim.

No to Trumbo' date=' but definitely yes to Alvarez. But I don't want a salary dump. I want something that can help us this year.[/quote']

We are talking about a guy that was non-tendered and didn't sign until after spring training opened. He is also not performing at a particularly high level.

I wouldn't expect much back.

To me, being able to move Trumbo out of right field helps us this year.

Christian Walker! A first baseman without a home.

I'd move Alvarez in a heartbeat if the Mets want to part with a prospect for him.

I'd move Trumbo if the price was right. Sell high! Chances are we already got the bulk of his production this year ;)

Why is a first place team going to trade one of the their offensive pillars right now? The Orioles are going to ride Trumbo for as long as it lasts and hope to get a comp pick out of him after the season.

I agree. What I'd hope for is to free us of Alvarez's salary and improve our defense at the same time.

Trade Trumbo. I have heard it all now.

Yeah, the idea that this team needs pitching and the Mets happen to have some is crazy. We should just stick with our starting pitchers and we are a lock for the world series.

Yeah, the idea that this team needs pitching and the Mets happen to have some is crazy. We should just stick with our starting pitchers and we are a lock for the world series.

You can't trade a core member of the offense when you are competing to make the playoffs. Just ask Billy Beane. Theoretically, it makes sense, but in reality, it would probably really piss of the team (and they would go into a funk) and the fan base.

Archived