O's Trim Roster by 8; Reimold among the casualties

ScottieBaseball

You don't want to use shotgun as your ranged weapon of choice, they are generaly shortrange and spray an area. You might want to try Rifle, or if you want to change it up and be original, say he has a Carbine for an arm.

Being a Baltimore/Washington Bullets fan, you would think that I would know that. :eektf:

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Markakis could finish a game there, if Jones needs to come out and I he could start 2-3 games there this year if need be.

In theory, yes, but I don't think that Buck would want to mess with Nick's routine as our regular rightfielder, which has been consistent for years.

Massively underperformed? He led the team in OPS in 2009 and was a candidate for Rookie of the Year before injuring his achiles late in the season. The injury and off field issues then plagued him all last year.

In your post you could easily substitute Pie's name for Reimold's, yet he keeps finding a spot on the roster.

So as its shaping up, 3 of our 4 bench spots will be NO hitting, defensive minded players in Pie, Tatum, and Izzy. Fox is the only bench guy with any pop, and it looks like he won't be the backup catcher, even though that's where he's played all spring? I don't get it. :scratchchinhmm:

Reimold, injury or not, had a a job last year and he blew it big time. Those off field issues didn't just happen to him, he made some choices, and he is resposible for them. He did some dumb things IMO, at a time when his stock was at it's highest and has really hurt his career chances. I hope he manages to make it back, because he is a real baseball player when his head is screwd on straight.

Pie is the only guy that we can stick in center field to spell Jones, right?

Why is everyone so infatuated with having someone who can spell Jones in CF. This is just plain ridiculous.

Trivia Question : Who spelled Paul Blair on the championship teams of the 60's and 70's????

The Orioles need to give Reimold a break and trade him. He is in his prime. I have no doubt that he would hit 30 HR's with a .380 plus OBP as a starting OF in the majors. If I was Reimold, the thought that Felix Pie was making 700K more money than me would drive me crazy. He deseves his chance. He should quietly demand a trade. He'd look really nice in Tampa in place of Damon in LF.

Are you relate to him be this entire post is absurd. What Reimold, should and most likely will do, is go down to Norfolk and tear it up like he did in 2009. If was better defensively he would be on this team ahead of Pie, but he's not.

He's a LF/DH on a team with two two guys with 539 career major league home runs at those positions. He's coming off a terrible year in 2010 and although he hit very well this spring, there is no room on this team for him considering his limited defensive abilities.

If there is an injury at LF or DH, I would expect him to be the first to be called up. Either way, the last thing he should do is ***** and moan over anything. The best thing he can do for his career is to tear up AAA and force his way back onto the major league team.

Why is everyone so infatuated with having someone who can spell Jones in CF. This is just plain ridiculous.

Trivia Question : Who spelled Paul Blair on the championship teams of the 60's and 70's????

Check Jones' games played in his MLB career. If 161 games a year Markakis was in CF you could get away with not having a backup on the roster.

Jones gets dinged up and misses games.

If Reimold could play even a passable CF, I would think he would have stuck instead of Pie. Maybe he should take a few games in CF down in Norfolk just to see if he totally butchers it.

Except for that whole part where he has an option and Pie does not.

Are you relate to him be this entire post is absurd. What Reimold, should and most likely will do, is go down to Norfolk and tear it up like he did in 2009. If was better defensively he would be on this team ahead of Pie, but he's not.

He's a LF/DH on a team with two two guys with 539 career major league home runs at those positions. He's coming off a terrible year in 2010 and although he hit very well this spring, there is no room on this team for him considering his limited defensive abilities.

If there is an injury at LF or DH, I would expect him to be the first to be called up. Either way, the last thing he should do is ***** and moan over anything. The best thing he can do for his career is to tear up AAA and force his way back onto the major league team.

Here is my problem with this thinking...

The main reasons he didn't make the team are 1. Pie can backup center and apparantly that is some MAJOR concern, and 2. Pie is out of options. So tell me, if Reimold goes down to Nofolk and puts up an over 1.000 OPS, how is he going to make the team? The two things I mentioned above will not change. His ONLY shot of a call up is if Scott, Lee, or Vlad go down to injury. Him "lighting it up" in Norfolk will not force the Orioles' hand any more than him having a good spring did.

Its really a no win for Reimold at this point unless one of the three above get injured.

Archived