O's Trim Roster by 8; Reimold among the casualties

ScottieBaseball

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reimold needs to go down and terminate AAA pitching. He'll be back.

Nice play on words.

If I was Reimold, I would be bigtime pissed and would be playing with a chip on my shoulder. Hell, I'm NOT Reimold and I'm pissed.

:cussing:

The Orioles need to give Reimold a break and trade him. He is in his prime. I have no doubt that he would hit 30 HR's with a .380 plus OBP as a starting OF in the majors. If I was Reimold, the thought that Felix Pie was making 700K more money than me would drive me crazy. He deseves his chance. He should quietly demand a trade. He'd look really nice in Tampa in place of Damon in LF.

The Orioles need to give Reimold a break and trade him. He is in his prime. I have no doubt that he would hit 30 HR's with a .380 plus OBP as a starting OF in the majors. If I was Reimold, the thought that Felix Pie was making 700K more money than me would drive me crazy. He deseves his chance. He should quietly demand a trade. He'd look really nice in Tampa in place of Damon in LF.

This would be a dumb move as an organization. You won't get anything for him of value right now. That might change if he tears up AAA or performs after he gets called up this year, but right now you would be trading him at his lowest value.

We all knew this would happen when we signed Vlad. It is what it is.

Truth of the matter is that Reimold was a regular outfielder on the team but massively underperformed when given the opportunity. He would still be in Baltimore and the only reason he isn't now is his own fault.

Maybe I've missed it, but has Brandon Snyder been cut yet? I haven't seen his name, either on this list or on lists of previous cuts.

Last week,

Outfielder Matt Angle and infielder Brandon Snyder have been sent to AAA Norfolk and infielder Ryan Adams and pitcher Armando Gabino have been sent to minor league camp.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/2011/03/orioles_make_cuts_including_ad.html

Truth of the matter is that Reimold was a regular outfielder on the team but massively underperformed when given the opportunity. He would still be in Baltimore and the only reason he isn't now is his own fault.

Massively underperformed? He led the team in OPS in 2009 and was a candidate for Rookie of the Year before injuring his achiles late in the season. The injury and off field issues then plagued him all last year.

In your post you could easily substitute Pie's name for Reimold's, yet he keeps finding a spot on the roster.

So as its shaping up, 3 of our 4 bench spots will be NO hitting, defensive minded players in Pie, Tatum, and Izzy. Fox is the only bench guy with any pop, and it looks like he won't be the backup catcher, even though that's where he's played all spring? I don't get it. :scratchchinhmm:

This would be a dumb move as an organization. You won't get anything for him of value right now. That might change if he tears up AAA or performs after he gets called up this year, but right now you would be trading him at his lowest value.

It would be taking the high road and doing good by your employee. Reimold was not a big bonus baby. Making the ML minimum would be a big deal to him. He led the ML team in OBP in 2009. He had a .448 OBP in Spring Training. He has nothing to prove in AAA

I agree. If anything, I'd keep Reimold and trade Scott, because Reimold is younger, faster, a better contact hitter (the most patient hitter on our team), and has a shotgun arm. Actually, I wouldn't trade either at the moment ......... but after this season, I'd like to see Reimold and Pie both stay here, then perhaps trade Scott (depending on how he and the rest of the team plays this season, especially Derrek Lee, because Luke can play first base and open up room for Reimold and Pie in left field.)

I agree. If anything, I'd keep Reimold and trade Scott, because Reimold is younger, faster, a better contact hitter (the most patient hitter on our team), and has a shotgun arm. Actually, I wouldn't trade either at the moment ......... but after this season, I'd like to see Reimold and Pie both stay here, then perhaps trade Scott (depending on how he and the rest of the team plays this season, especially Derrek Lee, because Luke can play first base and open up room for Reimold and Pie in left field.)

You don't want to use shotgun as your ranged weapon of choice, they are generaly shortrange and spray an area. You might want to try Rifle, or if you want to change it up and be original, say he has a Carbine for an arm.

It would be taking the high road and doing good by your employee. Reimold was not a big bonus baby. Making the ML minimum would be a big deal to him. He led the ML team in OBP in 2009. He had a .448 OBP in Spring Training. He has nothing to prove in AAA

Can you imagine if thats how Baseball worked? Should we give Rodrigo Lopez a contract now, since he was a decent innings guy for us in the past and started some opening days? Maybe hes got some family that could use the cash.

Thats not how it works. Yeah he (Reimold) deserves a shot, he was in line for it and due to some personal issues and injuries that first shot didn't come to fruition, but he will get another.

Apologies to the OP for dragging this off-topic.

Archived