Game 1: Terps/Miami Game Thread

The Rick

Congrats on the win, guys. Always good to see Miami lose (even if Golden is the coach). Also nice to see a local guy win a game after losing with his decision to redo the uniforms (eww!).

Heard from someone "in the know" that the uniform decision tonight was on purpose. Were looking to create buzz and get talked about. Not planning on wearing those the rest of the season. Just one of over 30 combinations you might see this season.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pretty sure O'brien could start over Rex Grossman right now.

Just saw the highlight package of him as they were doing that story on ESPN. They were showing his TD to Moss, which was a little behind him and Moss had to adjust to it. Contrast that with the throws from O'Brien where the receivers where hit on the run, especially the last one.

Good win. That probably should have been a 20 point victory. O'Brien is a great college QB. Not sure he has the ideal arm strength to be a high NFL draft pick so probably a 4 year player. If that is the case the next 3 years should be a lot of fun.

Just saw the highlight package of him as they were doing that story on ESPN. They were showing his TD to Moss, which was a little behind him and Moss had to adjust to it. Contrast that with the throws from O'Brien where the receivers where hit on the run, especially the last one.

I was thinking the same thing as I was watching Danny play all night. Very accurate, good mobility, gets the ball out quick, would play really well in Shanny's system I think.

If S. Hill can start a couple games in the NFL, Danny O'brien is going to have a nice career going for him. I like the kid, he's got those intangibles you look for.

You know it is funny reading some of the posts on here. First DOB is a very, very good QB and I am a huge MD fan. However he did not play exceptionally well tonight. Chalk it up for the weather or whatever he missed several reads badly and the throw late is a touchdown if he throws is perfectly. We won and that is all that really matters and I would expect DOB to be better against WV. I think if he plays like he usually does we blow the canes out. Overall great start for the new staff, I feel much better about this season after tonight's game. We played a big, fast, and physical team and took it to them.

You know it is funny reading some of the posts on here. First DOB is a very, very good QB and I am a huge MD fan. However he did not play exceptionally well tonight. Chalk it up for the weather or whatever he missed several reads badly and the throw late is a touchdown if he throws is perfectly. We won and that is all that really matters and I would expect DOB to be better against WV. I think if he plays like he usually does we blow the canes out. Overall great start for the new staff, I feel much better about this season after tonight's game. We played a big, fast, and physical team and took it to them.

Meh...He lit it up outside of the redzone. He made one really horrible throw in the endzone and another that was almost picked on a bad playcall to have him throw across his body. However, he also had 2 or 3 big drops by his WRs. Could have been better but overall I thought it was a B grade performance.

Meh...He lit it up outside of the redzone. He made one really horrible throw in the endzone and another that was almost picked on a bad playcall to have him throw across his body. However, he also had 2 or 3 big drops by his WRs. Could have been better but overall I thought it was a B grade performance.

I think he was c+/b also. However he can and he needs to be better than that. BTW the coach did not tell him to throw the ball across his body. Yes he dinked the canes to death but he can be better. My post was directed to the post that he was better then QBs playing on Sunday and the deep ball late was perfect. The WR deserves the credit on the deep ball he restacked the DB and created space by slowing down. If he would have thrown a perfect ball it was a touchdown. The offense had set that play up all game. He did not read the zone option well a couple of times. Even with saying this he is probably the best QB in the conference and I expect him to get better.

Archived