Ready for the rematch

Sports Guy

Sweep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well it's nice that we can beat the Duke scrubs in OT.

BTW, how bad was Nessler and Vitale in OT? They didn't even realize Ewing fouled out until 3 minutes left in OT when they showed the foul trouble list. And they even said a shot by Redick was by Ewing after he fouled out, and obviously it's hard to mistake a white guy for a black guy.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW, NCM made his best effort to lose this game for us with some awful shots, I have no clue what he's thinking sometimes.

And Mike Jones needs to play more!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just as I said when DJ got hurt, that injury doesn't hurt that much because it gives MJ more PT and he is probably the 3rd or 4th best player on the team.

What a great game, and as a Terp fan, I'd like to give some props to Shelden Williams. What an incredible performance from him -- he was unstoppable. Nice game plan by Gary, though, to attack him hard.

Still, what a performance.

Yeah, he owned the glass and was abusing Garrison, good thing we got him out of the game. The guy is a beast! Ewing was great too. Reddick had a good scoring total but I wouldn't say he played a good game, he missed a good amount of shots and turned it over too much.

Sweep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well it's nice that we can beat the Duke scrubs in OT.

BTW, how bad was Nessler and Vitale in OT? They didn't even realize Ewing fouled out until 3 minutes left in OT when they showed the foul trouble list. And they even said a shot by Redick was by Ewing after he fouled out, and obviously it's hard to mistake a white guy for a black guy.

I got sick of hearing Dickie V. talk about how the "Duke guys give it their all even though they are short-handed" in the overtime.

How about Maryland? We are missing Strawberry for the year, Fofana has transferred, and Ibekwe was playing on bad ribs. He's so far up Coach K's butt, and he doesn't even try to hide it any more. :eek:

Yeah, he owned the glass and was abusing Garrison, good thing we got him out of the game. The guy is a beast! Ewing was great too. Reddick had a good scoring total but I wouldn't say he played a good game, he missed a good amount of shots and turned it over too much.

Yeah, I think Redick ended up with 20, but it was a very quiet 20. He had a bad OT, but only because he had absolutely no help. The game was over when Williams went out.

I got sick of hearing Dickie V. talk about how the "Duke guys give it their all even though they are short-handed" in the overtime.

How about Maryland? We are missing Strawberry for the year, Fofana has transferred, and Ibekwe was playing on bad ribs. He's so far up Coach K's butt, and he doesn't even try to hide it any more. :eek:

I don't think he was bad as far as rooting for Duke, I think he pretty much called it down the line. I just thought they both butchered the Ewing fouling out situation.

Awesome game.

Gilchrist is finally doing exactly what he should be doing: looking for the pass and if nothing is there quick go for it himself.

Bowers played very well in his fairly limited time on the court. Looks like he's now officially our best post player.

Caner-Medley looked terrible, but he looked like he never got started at all, and was forcing everything like last year. Hopefully this was just a bad game and not a regression.

Chris McCray is setting himself up to be The Guy next year. He still needs to shoot more, and get better at moving to get open, but he is our best defender and second to Jones in pure shooting.

Did Juan Dixon come into the locker room before the game and heal Ibekwe's rib? He put in some good minutes, although he's still shooting too much from outside and making dumb fouls. He should also feel lucky HE didn't get called for the technical on Dockery.

Duke had FIVE PLAYERS foul out. That has to be some kind of conference record. That is why they lost tonight. They played very well against Maryland and probably should have won.

Did I mention it was an awesome game?

Awesome game.

Chris McCray is setting himself up to be The Guy next year. He still needs to shoot more, and get better at moving to get open, but he is our best defender and second to Jones in pure shooting.QUOTE]

I don't think McCray will be the man next year, he's certainly not a primary scorer. If Gilchrist leaves than NCM and MJ will be the top 2 scoring options and hopefully one of the interior players will develop into go to guys. I think Ibekwe has the best shot at that.

People say this because his shot is so ugly, but when you watch, he makes it much more often than not when he's open. I'm very comfortable with him taking open jumpers.

I agree, but I think ne needs to develop and use his post game more.

I hate to rain on the parade, but if history tells us anything (this year) next game at NCSU they will lose and maybe even @ UVA they will lose. It pisses me off we get up for Duke but lose to teams we should beat like Clemson and NCSU. Maryland is not a good team until we can beat the Clemsons, Miami's and NCSU's of the world.

I agree, but I think ne needs to develop and use his post game more.

Oh, I agree whole-heartedly with that. I'm still confident it'll come with him. He's an amazing talent. Just needs to play smarter and much more under control. He should've been given a technical with Ewing, and he's constantly committing dumb fouls out of frustration. When he gets the mental part down, he's going to be very, very good.

Archived