O's Sign Endy Chavez

Greg

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree our pitching staff was bad either way you look at it but its also very clear how our team D was just as bad if not worse. I really see to good guys on defense and the rest rang from slightly below average to historically bad. I think people would be amazed at how much team D will help or pitching and our record.

Just ask the Rays!!!!!!!

I agree completely. I love the way the Rays are built, but with multiple GG winners on the roster, I'd say our pitching staff has more room for improvement in the near-term. We aren't going to win anything in the AL East unless we build around defense as well. Duquette knows this.

I agree completely. I love the way the Rays are built, but with multiple GG winners on the roster, I'd say our pitching staff has more room for improvement in the near-term. We aren't going to win anything in the AL East unless we build around defense as well. Duquette knows this.

I would suspect that pretty much every team good or bad d, has multiple GG on the roster.

I agree DD has shown the need to try to help this teams D this offseason and he does know it has to get better for us to have any chance...But I really just think our pitching needs our D to get better to take the next step. I feel this wave of pitchers has been almost wasted because of how our team neglects our D, and this year it was a hole new level of bad.

The AL EAST is tough enough for a young pitcher to establish himself in, then you gotta pitch in OPACY with the worst D in baseball behind you? no wonder why all our pitching prospects flame out except fr Erik Bedard who was striking out ten guys a game.

There a few highlight reels on YouTube of Chavez's moments of glory with the Mets. Clearly was a fan favorite, which will make up for some of the Pie we lost.

I don't know how much speed on the basepaths Endy has left, but looks like he's going to be our best outfield glove by far: tracks the ball well, gets to it quickly, and has a good arm.

Chavez is a decent backup 4th outfielder but I'm not how much of an upgrade at this stage in his career he'd be over Matt Angle. I mean he's certainly got more pop and experience, but Angle is certainly a better base stealer and most likely a better defender in center field. Too much was made of Angle's showing in left field but there's nothing to suggest that with more experience playing the position that Angle won't be a plus defender out there as well.

As long as Chavez isn't asked to be more than a 200 at bat a year 4th outfielder he'll be fine. If he ends up in any kind of real platoon I'll be shocked and disappointed.

Archived