Ongoing Lineup Thread, 2012

OFFNY

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chavez should not be leading off. Chavez never should have been signed. He stinks. Nick Johnson should never have been signed. He stinks. Wilson Betemit should be starting.

What about Gregg - any thoughts?

Chavez should not be leading off. Chavez never should have been signed. He stinks. Nick Johnson should never have been signed. He stinks. Wilson Betemit should be starting.

Welcome to the Orioles Hangout.

Reactionary ...Chavez is off to a bad start but he's a career .270ish hitter. He'll come around. I think Andino should be hitting leadoff though.

Reactionary ...Chavez is off to a bad start but he's a career .270ish hitter. He'll come around. I think Andino should be hitting leadoff though.

Will it be reactionary if he is still on the Orioles starting next year? Or the year after that? The guy stinks and never should have been signed. As for Gregg-somebody asked me earlier-I don't know if the 25 man roster is up to Buck-if it is, then it is on him if Gregg is still on the roster. At least he can be hidden.

How are people calling others that say Chavez shouldn't be batting leadoff reactionary? The guy has looked awful and despite his 270 average he has been batting in the number 9 hole pretty much all of the past few years (before he came here).

Welcome to the board. Quick word of advice-- if you want your opinions to be taken seriously here, you might want to provide a more useful and intelligent analysis than just repeating "he stinks." It doesn't really add anything to the discussion.

5/2/2012 7:05pm (J. Arrieta - R)

Orioles @ Yankees (I. Nova - R)

1. Endy Chavez (L) LF

2. J.J. Hardy ® SS

3. Nick Markakis (L) RF

4. Adam Jones ® CF

5. Matt Wieters (S) C

6. Chris Davis (L) 1B

7. Nick Johnson (L) DH

8. Mark Reynolds ® 3B

9. Robert Andino ® 2B

1. Derek Jeter ® SS