vs. WHITE SOX 4/19

OFFNY

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry, but that just isn't true. Unless you think that the '79 Orioles also meant nothing, you may want to re-think this statement.

They might mean something to those who watched them, but they don't mean anything to the rest of us. They're just a team that choked away a World Series to me. All the things I mentioned were great moments, but none of them led to a title, which is what it's all about. Give me Kirk Gibson, Maz, Buckner, and Freese over those moments any day.

I just cannot believe how many strikeouts the Orioles have night after night. Were it not for Jones, Reimold and Wieters along with Andino, this offfense would be laughable.Slumps for Nick, Hardy,

Reynolds, Johnson and poor offensive showings elsewhere. Its just hard to believe how the Orioles have a winning record.

Well, strikeouts are a pretty meaningless indicator of how good an offense is, so there's that. :)

For those concerned about bullpen overuse, the Orioles are right in the middle of the pack for innings out of their starters. They are 4th in the AL in innings pitched by relievers (with under 2 innings separating them and the 6th and 7th teams that have played one fewer game). Due to all the extra inning games, the Orioles have pitched the most innings among teams with 12 games played (and trail the 2 teams with 13 games played by under 7 innings).

For those concerned about bullpen overuse, the Orioles are right in the middle of the pack for innings out of their starters. They are 4th in the AL in innings pitched by relievers (with under 2 innings separating them and the 6th and 7th teams that have played one fewer game). Due to all the extra inning games, the Orioles have pitched the most innings among teams with 12 games played (and trail the 2 teams with 13 games played by under 7 innings).

I wonder what that looks like over the last 9 games tho

Archived