Braves / Turner field

ChrisP

I am going to my first Braves game tomorrow. Section 122, row 1. I might fall over rail going for a ball..its right near the ball girl in foul territory. I was shocked ticketzoom had row 1!

Any tips for the area? I thought we had some Atl people here.

It's a nice ballpark, but unfortunately its not really in the best neighborhood to provide the true "game experience." The outfield area with the statues of their retired players is nice and they've got some decent food. One fun thing to do before you go into the sadium is go to the parking lot across the street. Where the old Fulton County Stadium was, they still have the outfield wall where Hank Aaron hit the home run to pass Babe Ruth. Also, if you look in the parking lot, they have where the bases were marked with plaques and the base path lined with different colored bricks.

Additionally, the Braves Museum and HOF is on the concourse behind LF. That's where you can buy tickets to the Ballpark Tours and check out some really cool memorabilia. Well worth it if you have time or enjoy that type of stuff.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I suspect the answers to this poll would look different if Dominguez had a bad outing tonight.  Although we definitely saw the downside of having Kjerstad playing LF tonight.  
    • We'd better not be done!  Eflin is a good #4 starter but they need someone better for game 3 of a playoff series (if not game 2).   And yes, we do need a better closer.  Scott and Finnegan are still out there and there are probably others that I'm forgetting.  It's not that Kimbrel can't save games, it's that he's a ticking time bomb.  He gets into these slumps where he loses effectiveness and the O's need to be able to put him in low-leverage relief for a couple of weeks until he gets his mojo back, which means they need another closer to cover those episodes.  What if Kimbrel starts slumping in the playoffs?  
    • He looks defeated... Stir things up, guys. Call up Mayo. Bench everyone for a game. Hit Adley 9th and Henderson 7th. You gotta change things if things are going to change. 
    • If Mike wants the Orioles to make it past the first round of the playoffs, he better have more moves up his sleeve. The Orioles need to be buyers and sellers at the trade deadline this year. We need another starter and a another reliever. Since the offense is struggling, we might need another hitter as well. If the Orioles don't experience post season success, I will put all the blame on Mike. It is absolutely vital that the Orioles make several good moves at the trading deadline. Mike is off to a good start! We just need him to keep going. You can't stop making moves.
    • He said at the end "I'm coming into a team where we may have an even better chance of winning a WS". Austin... right now I wholeheartedly agree w/ you!
    • At this point it feels like heartbreak city coming if we make the playoffs which somehow we still should. I’m sure many remember 1997 and the ALCS. Why do I feel like Kimbrel will be our Armando and blow it…those box scores still make me sick to look at.
    • I had actually thought about this recently and came to the conclusion that this would actually be kind of smart and awesome. We kind of need a second CF to play LF at OPACY, so split his time between LF and DH. LF at home, DH on the road. That would protect his health and keep him fresh, while also maximizing him when he is on the field. The issue is, of course, everything else. The Angels would have to eat a bunch of money for us to take on his remaining contract years, and they would absolutely have to get a flagship prospect back to save face in trading away a franchise icon while ALSO eating money on his deal. It clearly wouldn't be Holliday, and I think Basallo is too important to us to trade until Adley is extended, if that ever happens, so it would have to be Mayo, whose right-handed bat in future Orioles lineups would effectively be replaced by Trout's.  Could you live with Mayo+ for Trout and Estevez, plus like $10-15 million per year to get a future HOF who has shown no signs of slowing down as a hitter when healthy? I could.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now