Scoreboard Watching Game Thread: 9/22

OFFNY

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry, for all you "it will be alright types" but there is no positive note in this.Winning the division is so much more valuable than a one game play in that it can't even be compared. No, there is nothing redeemable about the MFYs winning this game that they had no business, none, zero chance of winning. I do hope this loss cracks the As in two and they lose out the rest of their games to miss the playoffs.not that i am vindictive or anything. Lol.

Why? So we get a team that's owned us (Angels) or a sleeping giant (Tigers)? Frankly, with the way the A's seeming to be cracking under the pressure, ill take my chances against them in Baltimore.

As much as I'd like to see the Orioles win the division outright, I'm starting to think having them both tie for the division lead would be really fun.

A one game playoff for the division with the Yankees at Camden Yards would be a blast to watch.

Agreed! Naturally I'd root for us to take the division ourselves, and doing so would give all of us much more peace of mind.

But if it has to come to it, I am stoked for the possibility of a one game tiebreaker with the Yankees in Camden!

3 pitches in the middle of the plate = walk for a Yankee hitter. Smh!!!

Espn game cast is horrendous. Balls outside the zone are strikes and balls in the zone are balls. I constantly see balls that are clearly outside the field of play registered as hits. It is a total piece of garbage

I really don't get all the negativity. Yeah it sucks the Yankees won and it would be awesome to win the division. But I would still be thrilled with a home playoff game and right now we are in the driver seat for that. Maybe I'm not upset because I have good seats for the Wild Card game:scratchchinhmm:

Against a young team in their own ball park in September? Replay that inning 100 times and the Yankees win it 15 or 20 times -- maybe more.

According to the AP recap, the Yankees have come from four runs down in extra innings to win only one other time in their entire history. For what that's worth.

According to the AP recap, the Yankees have come from four runs down in extra innings to win only one other time in their entire history. For what that's worth.

That's an interesting fact, but I wasn't just thinking of extra innings. I was thinking of any time late in a game when the Yanks are down by 3, 4, 5 runs --8th or 9th inning -- what have you. Obviously it wasn't a scientific discussion, but I was thinking of the Yankees coming back in general from sizable leads, especially in the 9th. And I qualified it by saying against a young team at home in September, blah blah blah.

Archived