For those who attended the game...

The Rick

What was it like? Was it everything you hoped it would be? Not talking about the end result, but everything else up to that point. Did the rain take some of the buzz out of the crowd, were there a lot of Yankees fans there, etc.

I wish I could have been there, even knowing how it unfolded. I was proud of how well the crowd represented the Orioles and Baltimore tonight.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What stood out to me at first was there were very few Yankee fans. There were maybe 2 in our section and a few others in the next section over. That felt really good.

You only really heard them in the top of the 9th. And the ones they showed on TV, appeared to be from New York. Could be wrong though, obviously that's just a guess.

I wasn't there, but I didn't like the "Yankees Suck" chant while the game was still tied. If the orioles had a commanding lead then yeah go for it, but if the game is tied and you lose in the end it's embarrassing and its on National TV. I remember the Blue Jays fans did the same thing the last week of the season, and the blue jays proceeded to blow the lead and lose the game.

Thats just how I see it, i mean I hate the Yankees as much as the next guy but it really isnt the best thing to do on National TV in a close game.

Otherwise i liked the buzz.

I wasn't there, but I didn't like the "Yankees Suck" chant while the game was still tied. If the orioles had a commanding lead then yeah go for it, but if the game is tied and you lose in the end it's embarrassing and its on National TV. I remember the Blue Jays fans did the same thing, and the blue jays proceeded to blow the lead and lose the game.

Thats just how I see it, i mean I hate the Yankees as much as the next guy but it really isnt the best thing to do on National TV in a close game.

Otherwise i liked the buzz.

I thought the same thing... but I can understand the fans wanting to say, Shove it Yankees fans... we're back. Premature though, I agree.

Yeah, 2 Yankee fans in front of me, but they were pretty cool, as far as Yankee fans go. They were the only ones in our section.

2 in the section to the right and 4 in the section to the left. Not many at all. When they did try to start a cheer, we were able to quickly drown it out.

But Maaan was it fantastic to have playoff baseball back in the yard and be there.

It was very loud and raucous. By the time the game started a lot of people had been drinking for two and a half hours. In my section, we were standing every time a Yankee batter got to two strikes, and any time the Orioles had a baserunner, at a minimum. The O's fans did themselves proud, though the air really left the balloon in the ninth.

I was proud of the fans, and jealous that they got to experience the atmosphere live. That's the kind of thing that helps build a fanbase (regardless of the end result).

The last time a Major League Baseball team has won every one of their playoff games was in 1989 when the Oakland Athletics accomplished the feat. Well, the Orioles won't be the team to buck that trend. That is the ONLY take away from tonight. We'll get 'em tomorrow.

The 9th is understandable. That stadium was just shocked and deflated.

The 8th was great when Hardy doubled. But Jones, Wieters, and Reynolds all proceeded to have terrible, terrible at bats.

I think he had the mindset that the fans should have been live regardless. I mean I get that because as fans we really should be happy that we're actually experiencing playoff baseball for the first time in 15 years no matter what the score is in the game. At the same token I understand why the fans got deflated in the 9th.. when your heart is in it.. it can be hard to contain the rollercoaster of emotions the game brings.

Archived