Denard Span - CF

Jayson Werth - RF

Bryce Harper - LF

Ryan Zimmerman - 3B

Adam LaRoche - 1B

Ian Desmond - SS

Danny Espinosa - 2B

Wilson Ramos - C

Stephen Strasburg - RHP (15-6, 3.16 ERA)

http://baseballpress.com/lineup.php

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strasburg retired 19 straight batters after Juan Pierre led off the game with a single in the top of the 1st inning.

STEPHEN STRASBURG O(vs. MARLINS, 4/01) O(Opening Day)

IP:O 7

H:o. 3

R:O. 0

BB:. 0

SO:. 3

Pitches: 80 (52 Strikes, 28 Balls)

2013 ERA: 0.00

Watching the game today, the Nats caught a big break on a call that went against them. Two outs, Espinosa on 1st, Ramos up, Detwiler on deck. Espinosa steals second and the catcher throws it into CF. Espinosa is now on third. Obviously Ramos will get walked with the non-hitting Detwiler up. However, Ramos' backswing hits the catcher and Espinosa has to go back to first. Leake decides to pitch to Ramos and he takes him deep to go up 4-1.

Then the bullpen and defense implodes and the game goes into extras.

Watching the game today, the Nats caught a big break on a call that went against them. Two outs, Espinosa on 1st, Ramos up, Detwiler on deck. Espinosa steals second and the catcher throws it into CF. Espinosa is now on third. Obviously Ramos will get walked with the non-hitting Detwiler up. However, Ramos' backswing hits the catcher and Espinosa has to go back to first. Leake decides to pitch to Ramos and he takes him deep to go up 4-1.

Then the bullpen and defense implodes and the game goes into extras.

They are the funniest team since... Well I don't know.

Negative run differential? They won't be in first for long :)

Seriously, how could a team ever expect to exceed their expected record based on run differential? I mean, yeah, you could theoretically win tons of close games whilst having many of your losses be blowouts, but really, would that ever happen? :mwahaha:

• 2 weeks later...
The Nats are imploding. They are almost 10-10.

Too early to implode but I do like the fact that we're having a better season than them. Of course, I like the fact we're having a better season than a lot of teams but that one's nice since relatives like to give me bs for still being an O's fan.

Too early to implode but I do like the fact that we're having a better season than them. Of course, I like the fact we're having a better season than a lot of teams but that one's nice since relatives like to give me bs for still being an O's fan.

LaRoche with 4 k's today for the Nats, batting under .175.

The Nets are now under .500 for the first time since the 2011 season, with a 10-11 record. They've lost 4 in a row, after the Cards swept them today.

Unfortunately, MLB blocks my EI Cardinals broadcasts, so I had to listen to the Nats announcers on MASN. Nats announcers are a little annoying, but not too terrible. I enjoyed hearing them announce the Cardinals shortstop as "Pete Rose Kozma", especially since there's a debate raging on the Cardinals forum about how terrible Kozma is and why the Cards GM is a nincompoop for not working out a trade for Tulowitzki or Profar.

I think many Cards fans would be amazed at how the Nats announcers were complimenting the Cardinals middle infield defense. A lot of knowledgeable Cards fans regard it as mediocre at best.

I was really surprised when Davey Johnson allowed Strasberg to bat for himself leading off the bottom of the 6th, given that he was almost at 100 pitches and trailing by 4 runs. Surprise! Strasberg stroked a clean single and ended up scoring the Nats first run. Then he came out in the top of the 7th and shut the Cards down 1-2-3 with 2 K's.

Strasburg really only had one bad inning, when he gave up 3 runs in the first. That might have been less if rookie 3rd baseman hadn't made a throwing error.

There was one interesting play in the top of the 8th when the Cards had runners on first and third with none out. Craig hit a come backer right at Storen as Jay broke from 3rd on contact. Storen fielded the ball and headed for Jay, who had stopped less than a third of the way to the plate. Then both Storen and Jay made stupid mental mistakes.

Storen ran Jay back toward third, but continued across the base path after he threw to the Nat fielder covering third. Jay actually stepped out of the base path to avoid Storen, then was run down and tagged out. Jay should have grabbed Storen instead of dodging him and he'd have been awarded home plate on interference. The Cards later scored an insurance run, but it could have been a lot bigger inning if not for Jay's base running lapse.

Archived