Trade Jim Johnson to the Tigers

webbrick2010

Too bad we didn't trade Johnson for Porcello when his value was down. Not happening now.
Value to whom? Porcello is a mid rotation SP. There are a lot of those available. JJ is a top closer. That's what DET needs. Who besides the O's could offer one? I think they would consider a JJ for Procello, Rondon trade.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Porcello is 24 years old. Has been a #4 starter for 4 years. Good for 30 starts a year. He has been even better this year because his stats are inflated by a 2/3 of an inning start where he gave up 9 earned runs. He's been solid since. He has VALUE. Strop has NO VALUE. Arrieta has NO VALUE. You might get scraps for either guy. You don't get Porcello by adding them together. Not even close.

I thought Detroit needed bullpen help? Or I guess they could just move Porcello there.

Value to whom? Porcello is a mid rotation SP. There are a lot of those available. JJ is a top closer. That's what DET needs. Who besides the O's could offer one? I think they would consider a JJ for Procello, Rondon trade.

I could do that, if NOT in a playoff race. Sanchez, Fister or Scherzer for JJ straight up would solve each team's big problems.

Not sure why pointing that out makes me a Kool aid drinker. Both are contained in the realm of possibilities.
It's possible I'll win the lottery tomorrow and it's possible I won't; both are contained within the realm of possibilities. Which is the one more likely to happen for the O's v BOS. I take it back, you are drinking something stronger than Kool Ade. The O's will be lucky to avoid a sweep.

I could do that, if NOT in a playoff race. Sanchez, Fister or Scherzer for JJ straight up would solve each team's big problems.

No way in hell do we land either of those 3 for JJ. Sanchez is signed through 2017 with a team option for 2018. Doug Fister is a free agent in 2016. Scherzer is a free agent in 2015 but pretty cheap and is a dominant pitcher.

LOL. It's drinking Kool-aid to light-heartedly suggest that the Orioles could sweep, but perfectly reasonable to suggest the Red Sox will sweep?
An objective person would say that a sweep by the SUX, considering the pitching match ups, is more likely than one for the O's. To ignore this is to take a swig of something.

An objective person would say that a sweep by the SUX, considering the pitching match ups, is more likely than one for the O's. To ignore this is to take a swig of something.

Interestingly, though, in the only 3 games the two clubs have played against each other (all in Boston, mind you), the O's lead 2 - 1.

Archived